Dog bite, Dog attack ...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Emi » February 3rd, 2006, 2:25 pm

I was wondering if there is any where we have information on if you should get attacked or bite by a dog what to do, there are so many things that people say "To do, not to do"...

I am wanting to know ...

Dorky me isn't scared of dogs , even if some one says they are mean , one day out in the parking lot here , I walked up to a dog , and was talking to it as I was walking , and the owner was like ah well it doesn't like most people and isn't usually friendly , but it's hiney was going a mile a minute when I was talking to it ... asked the lady if i could pet it , she said sure , put hand down like your suppost to , and talked to it and petted it ... don't know if i'm a loon or if dogs just like me ...

Thankies ... 8)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2006, 2:27 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » February 3rd, 2006, 2:30 pm

Great information ..

Ok what about when your actually being attacked ...

I know screaming isn't a good thing but most people do it...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2006, 3:24 pm

The best way to handle an attack is to avoid it. Standing still, not making eye contact, slowly walking away. If the attack happens anyway, the best you can do is crouch down onto the ground and try to cover your vitals. Serious bites can (and usually do) send you into shock or panic mode. There's not much you can do about that. It is your body's natural reaction.

You're right, secraming will probably make things worse, but I'm not sure anyone can avoid that.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Pit Bull Talk