The Movie Thread

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby Asta » May 6th, 2007, 1:55 pm

So, i noticed that there is no proper movie thread on this forum, well, atleast not what i could find. But what do i know, the search function has never been my friend :|

So i thought i would start one where we can give tips and/or warnings about new/old movies we have watched :)

So me and Stéphane went to see Spiderman 3 today, and i would like to plaster up huge warnings in regards to it!
Now, in all fairness, i could not even finish watching Spiderman 1...Had to switch off after that sappy kiss scene in the rain *puke*
So i subsequently never watch the sequel, but most people said that it was eons better that the 1st so we thought that nr 3 might be ok, but no.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/ I voted and gave it a 3 out of 10.

It is just bad acting, bad story, ok special effects, embarressing jokes and too long. So there.

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby lovemypits » May 6th, 2007, 4:03 pm

I heard the same from a few other people too. I guess I'll wait and watch it on cable.
lovemypits
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby randi81 » May 6th, 2007, 4:28 pm

I saw the movie "Vacancy" last weekend, and it was awful. The story line wasn't that great, but it wasn't un-watch-able. The movie itself was good, but they end it in the middle of all the drama! So, I was mad. I literally stood up and started booing. :|
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 6th, 2007, 8:45 pm

On May 06 2007, randi81 wrote: I literally stood up and started booing. :|

Boy, you are a toughie! :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby randi81 » May 6th, 2007, 11:44 pm

On May 06 2007, 8:45 PM, iluvk9 wrote:
On May 06 2007, randi81 wrote: I literally stood up and started booing. :|

Boy, you are a toughie! :shock:

I wasn't the only one expressing my contempt for the film... there were others! Anyway, Cory phrases "tougie" differently -- he says I'm "embarassing"! :cheeky3:
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 7th, 2007, 6:39 am

I don't think I have ever been to a film where people said ANYTHING at the end. :shock:

Do you ever clap or say "YAHOO" if it is good?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby randi81 » May 7th, 2007, 9:25 am

On May 07 2007, 6:39 AM, iluvk9 wrote:I don't think I have ever been to a film where people said ANYTHING at the end. :shock:

Do you ever clap or say "YAHOO" if it is good?

I've clapped before, yes. Never yahoo-ed. :D
-Randi.

randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Asta » May 7th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Oh clapping or booing, very interactive!

So i just watched "In pursuit of happyness" on a flight.

The movie is 117 minutes long, and 115 out of those are deeply depressing. We were contemplating using our plastic cutlery to commit harakiri...

Will Smith plays a struggling salesman, of portable bone density scanners out of all things...I wont give the story away further if you are still contemplating watching this movie, but he struggles, a lot...

Really cute kid though :)
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 7th, 2007, 1:15 pm

I felt like killing myself after that movie!

Has anybody else seen "Shooter," with Mark Wahlberg? It was smurfing great! It's actually my new fave. And Mark is H-O-T HOT! (hence my new avatar).
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Miakoda » May 7th, 2007, 1:48 pm

I just finally got around to watching "The Departed." Good movie, but I had no idea what to think or say at the end. :|

And I cannot wait for "Blades of Glory" to come out on DVD!!! :D
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » May 7th, 2007, 1:51 pm

Well I've seen all the new/newer kids movies! lol If anyone needs any advice on those, let me know.

I'm looking forward to seeing Night at the Museum, which I haven't seen yet. I'd also like to see the movie coming out tomorrow "Because I said so" or something like that. Looks like a good Friday night movie for me.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » May 7th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Oh The Departed, what an excellent movie, until the end. Such a list of actors, great violence, fab music and great story, and then, the end :|

Night at the museum was sort of funny at times, but nothing really remarkable...But it should be said, i saw that one in a plane aswell...

Oh how i want to watch Blades of Glory too!!! And 300! And i get all excited just thinking about Pirates 3 and the new Potter :D

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » June 10th, 2007, 2:20 pm

Well, Pirates of the Caribbean, at World´s end....Can´t make heads or tails out of this one :| And i am a diehard fan of the first 2!

So i have just voted on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449088/ and gave it a 5.

Can anyone that was blessed enough to be on hallucinogenic drugs while watching it please clarify it for me?

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby randi81 » June 10th, 2007, 3:06 pm

On June 10 2007, 2:20 PM, Asta wrote:Well, Pirates of the Caribbean, at World´s end....Can´t make heads or tails out of this one :| And i am a diehard fan of the first 2!

So i have just voted on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449088/ and gave it a 5.

Can anyone that was blessed enough to be on hallucinogenic drugs while watching it please clarify it for me?

Ã…sa

I have only yesterday finally starting watching the FIRST Pirates of the Carribean. :oops:
-Randi.

randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Asta » June 10th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Oohhh i am so jelous that you get to watch them for the 1st time !!!
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » June 10th, 2007, 5:36 pm

We saw Ocean's 13 last night. LOVED IT! :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 10th, 2007, 6:59 pm

I finally saw "The Illusionist" - I was very impressed.

Regarding "Pirates 3" - I thought it was waaaayyyyy too long (it had like 6 endings); thought it was better than the 2nd movie, but still nowhere near as good as the first. Wait for a matinee, or rent it.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Romanwild » June 10th, 2007, 7:45 pm

I watched "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" and "Grapes of Wrath" this weekend. Liked both of them.

I have the BlockBuster thing through the mail and have listed the top 100 movies of all time. So far the only one that I haven't really like was "2001: a space oddysey". I couldn't make sense of it. If anyone has the meaning behind that movie please clue me in. :?

Right now I have a dvd I bought at the drug store in the player. They are all movies by Sonny Chiba. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Chiba

Tarrantino is a big fan and after watching some of his stuff I can see the influence as well. T put him in Kill Bill. I think he was the guy who makes the swords.

Next movie I watch will probably be Apocolyptico.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » June 10th, 2007, 8:12 pm

I haven't seen a new movie in a REALLY long time. I don't have money to go to the movies nor to rent them so it's either catch stuff on tv or hope a friend rents something good and invites me over!

Last I saw was Sin City about 2 months ago at my friend's. I had heard mixed reviews back when it came out, but I really thought it rocked.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby call2arms » June 10th, 2007, 8:41 pm

I agree on Sin City, went to see ti to the theater and I watched it a couple times on movie network, I just can't stop watching it if I come across it!

I went to see Inland Empire 2 weeks ago. I love most of David Lynch's work, but this one - he should stop doing crack, cause he's going completely crazy.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Next

Return to Movie Madness