Transport from Norwalk, CT to Rochester, NY

Posts for transport help should all go here. Please title all threads as follows:
Date, Transport start/end, number of dogs
Example:
04/25/2008, Buffalo NY / Boston MA, 4 dogs

All posts should include contact information for the transport coordinator. Please don't post your offer to help on the forum, though we'd love to know if you are helping. Be sure to post pictures from your transport legs!

Postby LMM » May 21st, 2008, 7:02 am

I'm just putting some feelers out for some transport help I need.

I am pulling a sweet pittie boy from Norwalk pound in CT. As it stands, I was going to drive myself the 6 hours to CT. I'll still do that if I have to but I wanted to see if I could get some help. Even if it was only an hour off my trip! I still have to work out the routes on this, so I will post that later.

This will possibly be in coordination with another transport meaning I will be bringing a dog from my area and switching off once I reach Albany. I'd love to get Otis to at least Albany from Norwalk (about 2 hours).

In the meantime, here is Otis:

LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » May 21st, 2008, 7:06 am

He's cute! What rescue is he going to?

I can probably help transport -- I'm only a half-hour from Norwalk.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » May 21st, 2008, 9:14 am

He's going to me! :D No rescue is involved here. I saw him posted and he pulled at my heartstrings. The ones with issues always do :sad2:

Pits don't stand much of a chance at Norwalk unfortunately AND he has mange (demodox) that has only worsened with his shelter stay. There are actually 2 other girl pits, total sweeties that need help too :(

BUT he's been pulled and was neutered yesterday! He was brought up to date on all his shots and received some more treatment for his skin issues. The shelter worker who is the advocate for the pits there pulled him and he is now (after surgery) being boarded until someone can come get him Saturday. So he's techinically out of the pound! Yay! I just can't wait to get him and start getting him healthy again. I spoke with one of the people involved in pulling him and she could not say enough about this big mushy sweetie :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 21st, 2008, 9:47 am

he's so cute! :dance:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » May 21st, 2008, 10:55 am

He is adorable. When are you supposed to get him? Are you going to keep the name Otis. I kinda like it.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby LMM » May 21st, 2008, 11:25 am

I am getting him on Saturday. You know, when I first saw what his name was I was adamant about changing it. Now, not so much! It's really kind of grown on me :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 21st, 2008, 11:31 am

He does kind of look like an Otis..
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby gayrghts » May 21st, 2008, 12:26 pm

I may lose a roommate, and some hair on my head lol

but I can take him in the albany troy area on sat anytime.... if someone(s) can get him from Norwalk Ct to me....

On Sunday i am heading an hour or so west of here... to pick up Coco and bring her to albany to overnight with someone there.... and then she's heading on to the GSP rescue in Worcester.....

AND there's a transport coming from west to east that i'm willing to help with.... and my thought was.... i could then pass otis off to whomever is bringing Coco from ohio to Mass via I 90 thru nys....
to head Otis on to Rochester to Jenn....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby LMM » May 21st, 2008, 12:57 pm

I can either get Otis to Binghamton or all the way to Rochester. I'm working on a couple things right now!

West to east, is that the transport we were talking about?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Transport