Animal Control Advice Needed

Ask questions about Animal Control situations and local laws. Several of our members are ACOs and we'll try our best to help you! Please note: this area is not for "bashing" Animal Control Officers.

Postby TheRedQueen » October 18th, 2008, 1:04 pm

Seriously? Wasn't this the dog the owners said they might PTS? Now he's gonna be a friggin' TD?

Glad your arm feels better...it took mine months to heal the nerve damage after a bad bite. Now it's as good as new! Hope you recover fully!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » October 18th, 2008, 1:49 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Seriously? Wasn't this the dog the owners said they might PTS? Now he's gonna be a friggin' TD?

Yeah, I know.

I almost blew a gasket when she said that to me. I was also super offended when she complimented me on how quickly I'd healed. WTF? Two nights in the ER with serious scars and nerve damage constitutes 'healing quickly'? I know I'm probably just being sensitive about it, but I was very annoyed.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » October 18th, 2008, 2:14 pm

You have every right to be annoyed! :bs:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby airwalk » October 18th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Katt I'm glad you persisted and got a bite report filed. Them not taking one is crapola and you're right there really needs to be a history for this dog, because apparently it has owners that don't get it.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » October 18th, 2008, 7:37 pm

well the care basket is nice, the rest is total :bs: !!

the dog DEFINITELY shouldn't be a service dog, and how flucking condescending is that to comment on how quick you're healing?

obviously the owner isn't taking this seriously at all. :x
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » October 18th, 2008, 10:44 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Ok. I've got minor nerve damage in my hand but they said it will probably keep healing but it may take a long time.

B vitamins. LOTS of B vitamins
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » October 18th, 2008, 11:38 pm

mnp13 wrote:

Guess I get to look forward to lots of bright yellow pee, huh?

:D
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » October 19th, 2008, 3:15 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
mnp13 wrote:

Guess I get to look forward to lots of bright yellow pee, huh?

:D

YUP! But B helps a LOT with nreve regeneration. I'm also of the opinion that it's much better to get any vitamins from real food instead of only pills.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to ACO Questions and Answers