A rant and a wish

Ask questions about Animal Control situations and local laws. Several of our members are ACOs and we'll try our best to help you! Please note: this area is not for "bashing" Animal Control Officers.

Postby Jenn » December 12th, 2008, 11:07 am

:sad2: Sorry Liz
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » December 12th, 2008, 11:09 am

I am so sorry Liz. Maybe someone can go get the little pup. But like you said he is in pretty bad shape. Oh this is so disheartening. :(
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » December 12th, 2008, 11:38 am

I'm so sorry, Liz. I thought about them all night and hoped they'd be ok. :cry:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby LMM » December 12th, 2008, 11:52 am

I am so very sorry to read the update about the rottie Liz, I am right there with you sobbing. What a horrible life he led. I can only hope that he knew some kind, any kind of love and caring at some point :( :( :( I'm glad your friend was able to show him some love last night.

Now for the baby, you said they will euthanize, any way they will release her to rescue?? With one life already lost in the worst possible way I am just hoping for the situation to be somewhat salvageable :(

And I would SO call the officers who said the dogs wouldn't die overnight and let them know that one dog DID.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby madremissy » December 12th, 2008, 12:08 pm

And I would SO call the officers who said the dogs wouldn't die overnight and let them know that one dog DID.

Me to! :cuss:
madremissy

Postby airwalk » December 12th, 2008, 12:13 pm

Liz I'm so sorry, I know sometimes it's very frustrating when Government wheels turn slowly. Hopefully, the Rotti's death will serve a purpose though, it should give them the cause to make tracks and get the pup out.
airwalk
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 12th, 2008, 12:20 pm

I'd love to call the officer I spoke to last night but I didn't get her name.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » December 12th, 2008, 3:30 pm

Poor old guy. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 16th, 2008, 1:01 pm

Update: Spoke to one of the ACO's today. They went out and saw the puppy - he said he manipulated all four legs and she wasn't in any pain. She had food, water, a bed and the area was clean. He did say she was extremely thin though, so he gave him a notice: he has one week to take the puppy to the vet for vaccinations and to find out why she's so thin. If he doesn't do so, the pup will be confiscated.

They don't adopt out pits there, but I asked if a rescue from out of state was willing to help if they would give the puppy to them, and he said yes. He said they have an "underground railroad" to get pits out of Ohio and into rescue.

He thanked me for calling and said it's good that I did since the pup was so thin. He also asked me to call them if I hear anything else about the pup, even if it's 6 months down the line.

I'm very pleased with them so far. If by some chance they confiscate the pup (who he said is extremely cute!) I'll let you guys know in case any of the rescues here could step forward.

Thanks, all!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » December 16th, 2008, 1:13 pm

That's good news. Hopefully the asshat will get the picture and do the right thing.
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » December 16th, 2008, 1:17 pm

I hope this person gets the picture and the puppy gets better.
madremissy

Postby LMM » December 16th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Thank you so much for the update Liz.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby call2arms » December 16th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Poor, poor Rottie. At first I tought, for a Rpttie to live to 17, he proabbly didn't live all his life with those people or was well cared for at some point... What a sh*tty way to die.

Way to go for calling Ac and police on them. Hopefully the pup will be taken away and AC will be keeîng an eye on them (cause they could get another pup the next day)...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » December 17th, 2008, 5:39 am

nice work ACO liz ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Previous

Return to ACO Questions and Answers