Blocky Dog collar ?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby Ino » January 1st, 2010, 12:58 pm

I am looking to get a blocky dog collar for Ino. I want a 2" but am not sure if the dual grip would be too bulky for him. He is short but fairly thick. His neck measures 20" (when you move the excess skin out of the way- 20" snug so they do make them in his size) but I am not sure if it would be awkward on him because he has a short and compact frame; however, he is a bulky built shorty- weighing in at a little over 75 lbs. He also does have a long neck- especially when he holds his head high. I could go with the flat collar if the other would be too bulky, but I like the functionality of the dual grip style. Anyone who has tried these collars have any recommendations? Feedback will be helpful :D - I don't want to order one that would not fit him well. Here are a few pics that show his size (the Shepherd is avg size for her breed- the lab mix is small like Ino). I tried to find a few neck shots I had.

Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 1st, 2010, 2:51 pm

He has a BIG NECK and would look fantastic in a big-boy-blocky.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » January 1st, 2010, 2:52 pm

Well, It;s just my opinion, but I think he would look BETTER with a big collar, since he's such a big boy..... :|
The smaller, (narrower) collar looks kinda 'lost' or over powered by that big ole neck!!!
:D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Ino » January 1st, 2010, 3:12 pm

Thanks ladies- I think a bigger collar is necessary!!! LOL- His lil collar does get lost in his neck wrinkles and he looks a bit silly with the small collar. I love the spiffy dog collars for when he goes swimming, but for general wear- I don't like the thin-ness of it. He also occasionally pulls on the leash and I fear he may harm his trachea with as much power as he has and such a thin collar. I have never seen a blocky dog collar in person and did not know if the thicker dual grip would look funny. I definately want 2" but was not sure if the dual grip would look too bulky or thick. He does have a lot of bulk- but is extremely short (knee high on me and I am just under 5'3". I know people said they look silly on small dogs- but was not sure if they meant small in height (which he is) or just small in bulk (which he is not). I also am still thinking of the best coloring. I am undecided between royal blue collar with a yellow stripe and royal blue or green stitching with his name or black collar with a royal blue stripe and yellow stitching. I love yellow on him- it looks good. He used to have a gold colored collar and I loved the way it brought out his coloring. Decisions, decisions!!!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 1st, 2010, 3:46 pm

Check out this thread, too: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31334

I think he'd look GREAT in a Blocky. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Ino » January 1st, 2010, 3:53 pm

I think he would look awesome in one too!! I just was indecisive of whether to go with the blocky dual grip or their flat collar. I think the dual grip should be ok- he is a thick boy so it shouldnt look ridiculous. I like the way Mac's collar looked on him!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » January 1st, 2010, 8:09 pm

I placed my order- went with dual grip type and chose royal blue for the collar, neon yellow for the stripe and his name in bright green thread. Now I just wait for the payment info then wait for the collar...am excited already!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » January 1st, 2010, 8:46 pm

Ino wrote:I placed my order- went with dual grip type and chose royal blue for the collar, neon yellow for the stripe and his name in bright green thread. Now I just wait for the payment info then wait for the collar...am excited already!!! :D

I can't wait to see him in his new bling! :clap: :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Ino » January 2nd, 2010, 12:59 am

Rebecca responds fast!! I got a response from her already. Apparently the royal blue 2" collars are on back order so I just sent her an email to find out if we can reverse the collar and stripe colors. If she has a royal blue stripe and yellow collar, I am perfectly happy with that change (if not, I will select other colors- not a problem). She also said if I wanted I could wait until the royal blue collars come in to order it, but she has plenty of other colors to choose from so I will be good to go. I wish that Five Star Fido place would have been up front with me like that- we would not have had a problem if they did not :bs: me. I understand that sometimes things are not available and greatly appreciate Rebecca's honesty! She definately has good business practices!!! I'm excited- can't wait to hear back and see if the change is a go!! I will put up pics when his new collar comes in. :dance:
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 2nd, 2010, 4:49 pm

Your choice of collars sounds lovely on your BIG NECKED DOGGIE! :shocker:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to All the Rest