Stuart Horse Trials

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby mnp13 » July 26th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Red shirted riders are the out riders, they spent the weekend "running" scores to the scoring tent, catching loose horses, bringing water to jump judges and other stuff. First aid people were in pink shirts, and generally stationary.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2010, 7:44 pm

I love your website! :) And I was just going to suggest you try your talent at weddings and saw the ones you did. FABULOUS! I know you weren't planning on changing careers, but honestly, I think you are now in the RIGHT one, Toots! :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » July 26th, 2010, 8:35 pm

Thanks Joyce :) Of course, finding a way to get it to pay the bills is another matter entirely.

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » July 26th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Nice shots.
airwalk
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 26th, 2010, 9:23 pm

mnp13 wrote:Image

These 2 are AWESOME, especially that first one!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » July 26th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Some Dressage

This horse was a Hurricane Katrina survivor - found abandoned after the storm

Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » July 26th, 2010, 9:59 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:These 2 are AWESOME, especially that first one!!!

Thanks!

At the end of the day I wandered back to the orchard, and found this spot where they had three jumps in a row, then had a hairpin turn, up hill to a long gallop. I parked myself right about where a couple of riders chose to dig in. I got a few horses in pretty interesting angles. Thing is, by the time I found a few of the spots, that level was almost done.

BUT, I've been asked back for next year, so even though the course is going to be different (obviously) I have some experience with it!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby call2arms » July 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm

I agree with the good career orientation, congrats for the re-invite next year! Those are some great shots, the angle on the dark bay that's running (kind of oblique?) is really nice. Also the gray guy jumping overthe log, looks like he's jumping into emptiness. Guts!

I probably have the wrong parameters and positioning, but photographing horses in action, just at that sweet spot over the jump, never works well for me, or at least doesn't look nearly as fantastic...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » July 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm

If anyone wants to work at the trials, they need XC jump judges

We had some cancellations in the jump judge department.....free shirt... free lunch.....free lunch tote......great view of the xc course(can't get any closer) .........contact Lisa Schneider at lschneider@lawleyinsurance.com
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby copperlegend » July 7th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Being an XC jump judge is one of the best ways to see the action! I do it every year and always have a good time.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to All the Rest