Liz and Sophie

Postby mnp13 » February 28th, 2010, 10:37 pm

As some of you know, Inara's mom was one of the dogs confiscated from a hoarding situation in Trumbull County, Ohio. You can read about her story here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32498
and here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32565

Though she has been rescued from a horrible situation and is being cared for, I was told that the dogs only have until March 10th to be adopted. No info was provided as to what will happen to the dogs that aren't adopted, but as most are pits/pit mixes, I can only imagine. I refuse to let Sophie get euthanized. She deserves to know some love. Barring no other rescues stepping in to take her, I am going to go adopt her this weekend. I will then care for her until I can find her a permanent home where she will know the love and care she deserves.

The problem is that I don't have the money that is going to be needed for her adoption fee, food and medical care. I'm okay financially to care for one dog, not two. She's on Panacur (for worms, I think), she has a hernia and a mammary mass that needs to be removed. She also hasn't been spayed yet as far as I know.

If she hasn't been spayed, her adoption fee is $65; if she has, it's $135. I'm hoping that my contact who is volunteering can still come through on her offer for a crate, if not I'll have to buy one. Hopefully I'll know tonight about the crate.

I hate having to ask this, but if anybody could donate some money I would be eternally grateful.

If a rescue steps up and saves Sophie, or if the dogs are given more time, I will send back every penny that is donated. My PayPal addy is elizabethawbaker@gmail.com. If you send money, please leave your address in the notes section so I can at least send you a thank you card. It humbles me to have to do this, but I can't let her die.

Thank you so much and don't hesitate to PM me if you have ANY questions or concerns.

---Liz (PitBullMamaLiz)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Paying it Forward