"Women...are delicate creatures..."

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 4th, 2013, 8:44 am

Wow. Just...wow. I truly have no words. When people start complaining about how bad the US is, I'm going to point them to this article.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t3

Jakarta, Indonesia (CNN) -- The central government may step in to stop a city in Aceh province from prohibiting women from wearing pants and "straddling" motorbikes or bicycles, requiring women to instead ride two-wheel vehicles "sidesaddle."

The mayor of the town of Lhokseumawe told the Jakarta Globe earlier this week that the town planned to submit the new rule because "we've seen that people's behaviors and morals are getting far from Aceh's Islamic cultural values."

"We want to save women from things that will cause them to violate Shariah law. We wish to honor women with this ban, because they are delicate creatures," the Globe quoted Mayor Suaidi Yahya.

Home Affairs Ministry spokesman Reydonnyzar Moenek told CNN "the proposed regulations need to be clarified and evaluated by the Home Affairs Minister before the local government can issue it as a decree."

"There have been criticisms that the proposed decree is discriminatory and has a gender bias," said Reydonnyzar. However, he added that local regulations, particularly for Aceh -- which has a special autonomy status -- need to reflect the local culture, traditions and aspirations of citizens.

The ministry will wait for the Lhokseumawe authorities to submit the draft for consideration, the spokesman said. The ministry can repeal local regulations.

In 2012, Jakarta identified 173 local regulations that were contradictory to national laws and interests, the ministry spokesperson said. Some were Shariah-based laws; others were regulations considered unfavorable towards investment and business.

Indonesia human rights advocates were upset by the move. "Why deal with something like that (straddling)?" said Destika Gilang Lestari, Aceh coordinator for the Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence, a nongovernment organization. "The mayor should focus on the fulfillment of the rights of victims of conflict that still needs the government's attention," as well as poverty alleviation and social welfare, she added at a news conference.

The area was hardest hit by the 2004 South Asia tsunami, which killed tens of thousands across 14 countries. In 2005, the Indonesian government and Aceh rebel signed a peace treaty that ended nearly 30 years of fighting in a civil war that killed 15,000 people.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » January 4th, 2013, 10:40 am

Sometimes we all need a little perspective, ya know. :(

In some parts of the world, women are viewed as barely a step above cattle---property----possessions.

Thanks for the article, Liz.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby call2arms » January 6th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Because a delicate creature has a lot less chances to break her delicate face RIDING A MOROTCYCLE/BICYCLE SIDESADDLE. (how do you pedal on a bike sidesaddle anyway? let's just ride donkeys again)

I'll show you how delicate I am, you chauvinistic turd, just come closer...

That just enrages me.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby copperlegend » January 7th, 2013, 12:54 pm

I think it is more about the "lady bits" than other sorts of injuries. Gotta keep the vajayjay intact!

And yes, I am using non-scientific terms to prove a point :)
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to All the news that's fit to print