Ghost Photo Baffles Experts

Postby Marinepits » March 27th, 2009, 5:19 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... &ATTR=News

Photo and slideshow of other ghost photos on website.

By HARRY HAYDON

Published: 26 Mar 2009

AN eerie image of a figure at a Scottish castle has got ghost experts spooked.
The scary shot was unearthed during the biggest ever investigation into photographic evidence of ghosts.

The picture, taken in May last year, shows a spectral figure in fifteenth century dress peering out of a barred window at Tantallon Castle in Fife.

No mannequins or costumed guides are used at the castle and photo experts have confirmed that no digital trickery was used.

Even ghost sceptic Professor Richard Wiseman admitted to being puzzled.

“It is certainly very curious,” he said.

“We ran it by three photographic experts and they said it hadn’t been Photoshopped at all.

“The figure appears to be in period costume, but we know 100 per cent that Tantallon Castle is not the sort of place that has dummies or costumed guides; they just don’t go in for that sort of thing.

“I suppose it could be a visitor looking a little bit strange. Perhaps someone will come forward. Another possibility is an odd reflection of sunlight, but it does look very like a person. The explanation is not obvious.”

Tantallon Castle, a ruined fortress dating back to the 14th century, stands on a remote rocky headland near North Berwick on the East coast of Scotland. It was badly damaged in an attack by Oliver Cromwell’s forces in 1651.

Christopher Aitchison, who took the photo, said: “I was not aware of anyone, or anything, being present in my picture."

Psychologist Prof Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, who has made many studies of the supernatural, launched the investigation a month ago.

Members of the public were asked to submit ghostly images for experts to analyse, the best of which were posted on the website www.scienceofhauntings.com.

More than 250 pictures were received from all over the world and more than a quarter of a million people voted for what they considered to be the most convincing photos.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » March 27th, 2009, 7:48 pm

:lookaround:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » March 27th, 2009, 8:12 pm

Oh for crying out loud! That "ghost" looks SO fake.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to All the news that's fit to print