Director John Hughes Dead at 59

Postby Marinepits » August 6th, 2009, 6:33 pm

:cry1:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537696,00.html

Famed teen-film director John Hughes, who rose to fame with such coming -of-age films as "The Breakfast Club" and "Pretty in Pink," died of a heart attack Thursday, his spokeswoman confirms to FOX News.

The 59-year-old was taking a morning walk in New York when he went into cardiac arrest, according to Michelle Bega. He was in Manhattan visiting his family.

Hughes was famous for his countless hit movies in the 1980s including "Sixteen Candles," "Home Alone" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." His films made such young stars as Molly Ringwald, Demi Moore and Andrew McCarthy household names in the 80s, with fans dubbing the group of actors "The Brat Pack."

Hughes was born in 1950 in Michigan and began his career in the field of advertising. At the time of his death, he lived in Illinois and set many of his films in the Chicago area. He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Nancy, with whom he had two sons, John and James.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » August 6th, 2009, 7:04 pm

:cry:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to All the news that's fit to print