So you are working out and....

Postby iluvk9 » December 28th, 2009, 8:38 pm

YOU PUSH A LITTLE HARDER AND DELIVER YOUR BABY!!!! :shocker:

SURPRISE! You were 6 months pregnant and didn't realize it.
:cheer:

Chile weightlifter has unexpected baby during training

Chilean Olympic weightlifter Elizabeth Poblete has given birth to a baby boy during a training session, without having known she was pregnant.

Ms Poblete, 22, who lives in Brazil, said she had felt unwell but had no idea she was expecting a baby.

The boy was three months premature and was taken to hospital with his mother, where he remains in intensive care.

The hospital in Sao Paulo denied reports it forced Ms Poblete to leave after she was unable to pay for care.

Ms Poblete began to feel unwell during training on 8 December, as she was preparing to take part in a competition.

Shortly after, she gave birth to a baby weighing only 1.15kg (2.54lbs) and measuring about 34cm (14 inches).

The head trainer at the gym, Horacio Reis, said the birth had been "a surprise".

"A week ago I acted as a judge in a competition in Chile and this girl was competing. All went well and she won the competition," the AFP news agency quoted him as saying.

"I could see she was a big girl, round and strong. That's all I noticed."

Mother and child were both taken to hospital in Sao Paulo but Ms Poblete has since been discharged, reportedly telling local media she could not afford to continue receiving treatment.

Ms Poblete came 12th in the 75kg women's category at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8414375.stm
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 28th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Creepy.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » December 28th, 2009, 9:45 pm

I still have a hard time with the whole idea of not knowing that your were pregnant until you pop out a baby. :?
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » December 28th, 2009, 10:10 pm

:squint: So much for being getting prepared to bring home a baby...
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » December 29th, 2009, 3:30 am

madremissy wrote:I still have a hard time with the whole idea of not knowing that your were pregnant until you pop out a baby. :?

I've heard stories of it before :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » December 29th, 2009, 7:37 am

I am guessing she didn't have her menstrual cycle because of the strenuous work outs, and her abdomen muscles must be rather tight so no baby bulge.

Can you just imagine the gacking that went on it the audience when the baby arrived?

I am visualizing and Alien XI movie. :shocker:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » December 29th, 2009, 2:33 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I am guessing she didn't have her menstrual cycle because of the strenuous work outs, and her abdomen muscles must be rather tight so no baby bulge.

Can you just imagine the gacking that went on it the audience when the baby arrived?

I am visualizing and Alien XI movie. :shocker:

it says during training ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » December 29th, 2009, 4:09 pm

MALLIKA!!! I think of "audience" as ANY SUCKER WHO WAS IN THE ROOM. :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » December 29th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Wow.
That's all I got. :shock: :o
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to All the news that's fit to print