Driver in doghouse after walking pet while in car

Postby jcoffey917 » March 2nd, 2010, 4:54 pm

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom ... 0993.story

Driver in doghouse after walking pet while in car
Posted 3/2/2010 3:44 PM ET E-mail | Save | Print

LONDON (AP) — An English dog-owner has been fined after taking his pet for a stroll while driving next to him in his car. Prosecutors said Paul Railton was spotted driving at low speed along a country lane in December, holding his dog's leash through the car window as the animal trotted alongside.
Railton pleaded guilty Monday to not being in proper control of a vehicle. His lawyer, Paul Donoghue, said 23-year-old Railton acknowledged "it was a silly thing to do and there was an element of laziness" while exercising his lurcher, a type of crossbred sighthound.

Railton was ordered by magistrates in Consett, northeast England, to pay a 66 pound ($100) fine, plus costs.

He also received three more penalty points on his license and is now barred from driving for six months.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed
jcoffey917
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » March 2nd, 2010, 5:07 pm

Interesting

I've actually seen quite a few people doing this around parks. Most of them are disabled or elderly and trying to get their dogs some exercise
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby iluvk9 » March 2nd, 2010, 5:47 pm

I agree that it can be dangerous. I wish they would at least FINE animal abusers here for some of the horrendous things they do.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to All the news that's fit to print