Philadelphia doctor accused of murdering patient, newborns

Postby TheRedQueen » January 21st, 2011, 11:24 am

TinaMartin wrote:I think the 15 year old should go through some serious counseling. No one knows what morals and ethics that child learned.

As for criminal charges or something for the teenager...I don't think she was in a position to do anything about it...I mean, teenagers are bad at making decisions anyway...and adding in the fact that the adults were pushing her into the situation. It didn't sound like she had much of an "out"...and I'm sure it seemed fairly normal with it constantly going on around her. I agree that some counseling and help are needed...but charges against her...not so sure I'm on board with that idea.

The adults, they should suffer for what they did. :mad2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » January 21st, 2011, 11:30 am

TheRedQueen wrote:
TinaMartin wrote:I think the 15 year old should go through some serious counseling. No one knows what morals and ethics that child learned.

As for criminal charges or something for the teenager...I don't think she was in a position to do anything about it...I mean, teenagers are bad at making decisions anyway...and adding in the fact that the adults were pushing her into the situation. It didn't sound like she had much of an "out"...and I'm sure it seemed fairly normal with it constantly going on around her. I agree that some counseling and help are needed...but charges against her...not so sure I'm on board with that idea.

The adults, they should suffer for what they did. :mad2:

Ditto what Erin said. Especially that last part.

You know, with this kind of shyt going on is it any wonder the kids growing up today are so freaking apathetic?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » January 21st, 2011, 11:33 am

none. How could she have any?

She was obviously raised by a mother with no morals or ethics and participated in barbaric "medical" procedures.

I have to go against the grain here, and I think she needs to be held accountable to an extent. Perhaps not jail time, but psych ward for a loooong time until she can learn what empathy is. Even if she was pushed into helping, that did not stop her from telling a school nurse, social worker, teacher or someone. You can't be present for that kind of thing and not know there is something wrong. Even watching TV you see clean hospital, clean dr's offices, etc. Not cats sleeping in treatment rooms and dried blood on tables. I seriously doubt that she was treated by that "individual" so had likely been to a REAL office to see how they function.

Lack of empathy is the mark of sociopathic behavior, and this girl definitely fits that definition in my opinion.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » January 21st, 2011, 11:37 am

I'd be curious to know if she did tell anyone...I mean, it seems that there was some reporting of this place to authorities, and no one seemed to give a crap.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 21st, 2011, 11:55 am

Oh and to clarify...I don't think this girl should be wandering free on the streets, but I just don't think that jail is the place for her...she needs help.

TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » January 21st, 2011, 12:30 pm

I agree, she definitely needs some kind of intensive counseling.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Previous

Return to All the news that's fit to print