Why you should beware of internet kennels

Postby TheRedQueen » June 20th, 2011, 8:52 am

Kennel website: http://pups4all.webs.com/aboutus.htm
Hello.

Welcome to Mason Creek Kennel / "PRECIOUS LITTLE TREASURES"/ pups4all.

We are excited that you have found us and our website. We would be honored to help you find the perfect puppy and lifelong companion. So, come on in, pull up a chair, sit a spell, and allow us to introduce ourselves.

Mason Creek Kennel, "MCK", is owned by Bill and Deborah Allen. We are nestled in the Foothills of North Carolina and located in the northwestern section of the state. MCK consists of a full staff that is committed to the comprehensive care and nurturing of all our animals, a full office staff and general maintenance and groundskeeper. Bill is the canine expertise here at MCK and has acquired 28 years of selective breeding experience to his credit. MCK has full AKC accreditation. We provide a two year health and genetic warranty with each puppy placement in order to protect not only the new owner or breeder...but most importantly the puppy.

Don't stop here...to find out more about us and what we have to offer...read "About Us". Our 28 years of expertise will help your search for the perfect puppy to be a very rewarding experience. MCK will not stop short of making you a very happy customer and a new puppy owner without regrets!

Reality from the newspaper:
http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?op ... st&catid=1
300 Dogs Seized in Puppy Mill Bust
Written by Jessica Carter
Thursday, 16 June 2011 02:42 PM
Animal Control Officers along with staff of the Human Society of the United States are in the process of seizing nearly 300 dogs from what they are calling a puppy mill operation in the town of Hudson in Caldwell County. Kimberly Alboum, North Carolina State Director of the Humane Society says she was called by Caldwell County Animal Control officers a month ago about conditions at the Mason Creek Kennels at 4869 Free Mason Road. The property belongs to William “Bill” Thomas Allen. Charges are pending in the case.
Alboum says that animal control officers had conducted a rabies check at the kennels and found the dogs in very, crowded, inhumane conditions and contacted her. Officers began pursuing a search and seizure warrant against the property at that time. During the search and seizure today, several dead animals were found as well as dozens of animals packed in crates with feces and garbage throughout the home and surrounding buildings.
The animals are being taken to the Caldwell County Fairgrounds where crates, food and supplies have been provided by a grant from Maddie’s Fund which is part of Pet Smart Charities. The care of the animals will be completely supplied by this grant and could exceed $100,000.
All of the dogs will stay at the temporary shelter at the Caldwell County Fairgrounds until released by Caldwell County authorities. They will undergo a comprehensive health check by Outback Mobile Veterinary Services of Morganton, NC and Dr. Judy Vogt of the Human Society of Charlotte over the next few days. After an evaluation, and once they are released, those that qualify will be placed in the Emergency Services Placement Partners with the Humane Society and placed up for adoption.
Anyone wanting to make donations for the care of the animals and their upkeep should contact Donna West with the Caldwell Humane Society, PO Box 1991, Lenoir, NC, 28645. Phone number 828-292-2925 or email at caldwell4pets@gmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
“I appreciate the offers of donations for help, but what we really need from the public is for them to call their local legislatures and support our goal of getting minimum standard requirements for commercial breeders,” explains Alboum.
Other agencies assisting in today’s search and seizure are Animal Control Officers from Burke, Union and Catawba Counties, representatives of the North Carolina Humane Society and Saving Grace. Donations have been made by American Red Cross, Lenoir Fire Department, Sawmills Fire Department, Caldwell County Emergency Management and the Caldwell Humane Society.
For more information contact Jessica Carter, Caldwell County Health Department at 828-426-8462 or 828-310-4671.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » June 20th, 2011, 10:29 am

:cuss:

"....several dead animals were found as well as dozens of animals packed in crates with feces and garbage throughout the home and surrounding buildings."

Well, that wasn't in their internet brochure.....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » June 20th, 2011, 10:49 am

The first warning would be their other name 'pups4all'. Totally sounds like a breeder that would sell to pet stores.

Secondly, they have like 6 different breeds of dog listed.

And lastly, why would you buy animals sight unseen? It's one thing to want a dog from a certain breeder that is across the country and let's say you have a trainer or several friends that have been to the property and have purchased dogs from said people. It's totally different if you're just ordering a dog out of a magazine type setting. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » June 20th, 2011, 8:08 pm

plebayo wrote:The first warning would be their other name 'pups4all'. Totally sounds like a breeder that would sell to pet stores.

Secondly, they have like 6 different breeds of dog listed.

And lastly, why would you buy animals sight unseen? It's one thing to want a dog from a certain breeder that is across the country and let's say you have a trainer or several friends that have been to the property and have purchased dogs from said people. It's totally different if you're just ordering a dog out of a magazine type setting. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Well right, because we know better on all counts...but many people don't, and the flowery language and talk about how extensive their knowledge is...that all sucks people in, or else they wouldn't be in business. Then these people show up to buy their pup, see the awful conditions and feel sorry for the pup and buy it then.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to All the news that's fit to print