Boy left home alone with loose snakes

Postby SLS61185 » July 18th, 2011, 6:58 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625 ... 52595.html

Boy left home alone with loose snakes

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 - AP 1:05 | 2,718 views

Police in Suffolk, Virginia have charged 28-year-old Emmanuel Velasquez with cruelty and injuries to children for leaving is 7-year-old son home alone with 21 reptiles and two pit bulls, while he went to work. (July 15)
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » July 18th, 2011, 7:19 pm

A 14 foot python???? WTF is wrong with people??? I got skeeved just looking at the guy in the reptile store holding a snake.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Tubular Toby » July 19th, 2011, 1:31 am

This is ridiculous.

But on the note of snake owning, some people enjoy it. I used to own a red tailed boa and loved him, he was about 5'. I've heard a lot of people say "A pitbull?! WTF is wrong with people?" Haha, snakes are much the same way, it's about responsible ownership. This person obviously doesn't deserve the snakes, dogs, or kid.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 19th, 2011, 5:43 am

I just don't like reptiles. I think it was because when I was in Jr. High and we did frog dissections (yes, I know they are amphibians) there weren't any health rules like today. We didn't even wear gloves. My girlfriends took the deceased carcasses and hung them in my locker. Quite a sight. And smell of formaldahyde.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 19th, 2011, 5:54 am

Snakes are one of the things that I am so scared of. They make my skin crawl.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » July 19th, 2011, 6:00 am

When my Mom was very young and lived in Brooklyn, her brothers (there were 8 of them) would collect snakes in a bucket. I don't know why, but I think she said it was just "fun" for them. One of her brothers had a gun of some sort on him (don't know why because they weren't shooting the snakes) and as he climbed a fence with his bucket, the gun and snakes dropped. He shot himself and died. My Mom had a major fear of snakes because she was near him and not only saw the accident but dozens of snakes were scampering around.

I just remembered that.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 19th, 2011, 6:03 am

Omg that is horrible. :(

At my Granddaddy'shouse in Tampa, I was looking for the ducks that nested in the opening of the cypress trees. When I went to look in one, I came face to face with a rattlesnake. My Granddaddy was right there thankfully when I screamed and shot it. I think that is what did it to me.
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » July 19th, 2011, 6:04 am

Rattlesnakes are VERY icky. I think these were only "garter snakes" but still slithering fools.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 19th, 2011, 6:09 am

There are just black snakes around here but they are still slithering little beasts to me. We do have water mocasins and coral snakes to but thank goodness I don't see those much.

Those big snakes in the video are just huge. :shock:
madremissy

Postby call2arms » July 21st, 2011, 1:40 am

I love snakes.

Leaving a 7 year old home alone while you're at work is idiotic in the first place. Add loose snakes, and probably loose dogs, it's just a matter of when last the boa was fed.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Return to All the news that's fit to print