Vick Says Pet Dog Would Help Him

Postby Marinepits » December 15th, 2010, 2:38 pm

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/e ... grrdoSh7UK

Part of his interview video is on the website.

Eagles' Vick says dog as pet would help him

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, who spent time in prison for his involvement in dog fighting, said Tuesday having a dog as a pet would help in his rehabilitation.

In an interview with NBC News and TheGrio.com, Vick said, "I would love to get another dog in the future. I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process.

"I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding. If I ever have the opportunity again I will never take it for granted. I miss having a dog right now. I wish I could. My daughters miss having one, and that’s the hardest thing: telling them that we can’t have one because of my actions."

Vick has starred for the Eagles this season, with the team in first place heading into Sunday's NFC East showdown against the Giants at the Meadowlands.

"This entire situation has changed my life dramatically. Better player, better person," Vick said in the interview. "More patience, more persistence, and the willingness to, like I said earlier, set high goals and high standards not only on the football field but in life.

"And in so many ways I thank God for changing my life and keeping me healthy and putting me on the path to where I can redeem myself and make a great comeback."

TheGrio.com will show the entire conversation with Vick on Wednesday.

Vick was convicted in 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting ring and served 18 months in prison and two months of home confinement. He returned to the NFL with the Eagles in 2009 and served a two-game suspension.

He became the Eagles' starting quarterback after Donovan McNabb was traded and Kevin Kolb was injured.

With AP
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby plebayo » December 15th, 2010, 5:46 pm

This gives me the lolz.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » December 16th, 2010, 4:19 am

Um, no. Just no. Its a privilege, not a right, and you lost it a long time ago.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby CinderDee » December 16th, 2010, 6:12 am

Hell no! :x
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » December 16th, 2010, 7:00 am

I just get sick to my stomach whenever I hear his name. I would lend him Lenny for a day and tell him, "Go ahead, pet the nice Golden." :devil:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby PetieMarie22 » December 16th, 2010, 10:14 am

Malli wrote:Um, no. Just no. Its a privilege, not a right, and you lost it a long time ago.

AGREED!!!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby copperlegend » December 16th, 2010, 12:23 pm

I'll find the article later, it was at NBC.com but he is only banned from having a dog until his probationary period is over. He could have one as early as 2012....
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby DemoDick » December 16th, 2010, 5:38 pm

This is just a PR gesture. If he did get a dog he would have some publicity photos done with it and after that likely never see it again. It would live in one of his houses that he never visits and would be taken care of by a paid staff member.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby hugapitbull » December 17th, 2010, 7:36 am

iluvk9 wrote:I just get sick to my stomach whenever I hear his name. I would lend him Lenny for a day and tell him, "Go ahead, pet the nice Golden." :devil:

I thought we could offer Duke as well, with instructions for Vick to be sure and lift Duke's feet. :wave2:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby fenella » December 24th, 2010, 7:33 am

:puke:

Note that he says
Vick wrote:"I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding.
It is all about the PR and his image. I've yet to hear him really take responsibility...and probably never will.
:puke:
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » December 24th, 2010, 11:07 am

DemoDick wrote:This is just a PR gesture. If he did get a dog he would have some publicity photos done with it and after that likely never see it again. It would live in one of his houses that he never visits and would be taken care of by a paid staff member.

Demo Dick

YES.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Return to Michael Vick