Obama Supports Vick

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2011, 10:23 pm

If he was at all in tune with "millions of dog lovers" then he would have avoided ANY mention of Vick.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby madremissy » January 3rd, 2011, 10:35 pm

mnp13 wrote:If he was at all in tune with "millions of dog lovers" then he would have avoided ANY mention of Vick.

Exactly! That is why I think that the whole idea of someone thinking that this was a good political move messed up big time. He doesn't understand the magnitude of the passion that people have for animals.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » January 3rd, 2011, 10:57 pm

mnp13 wrote:If he was at all in tune with "millions of dog lovers" then he would have avoided ANY mention of Vick.

How do we know he brought him up in conversation first? :?

I'm not going to keep argueing about what the President did, or did not, say or think when the subject came up - I personally believe that President Obama is a decent man who is doing the best he can w/what he has to work with.
I don't believe that he supports Vick in any way, shape, or form... he supports the idea that an ex-convict can get a second chance.
I support that idea as well - although it doesn't include dog fighters/killers, pedophiles, murderers, and rapists. :mrgreen:

The way some of you feel about our current President is the exact same way I felt about President Bush... so, I hear ya! :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » January 4th, 2011, 1:07 am

I truly wish that Michael Vick would not receive the media attention nor the time in forum discussions..he would simply fade away if all of the attention were to cease. Then he either is or is not a great quarterback..but what he is definitely not is a media sensation.
airwalk
I live here

Postby mnp13 » January 4th, 2011, 12:39 pm

amazincc wrote:

How do we know he brought him up in conversation first? :?

We don't. However, President Obama has said "no comment" in response to other questions in the past. :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » January 7th, 2011, 5:05 pm

amazincc wrote:The way some of you feel about our current President is the exact same way I felt about President Bush... so, I hear ya! :wink:

If you dislike Bush then you should dislike Obama as well, since they are on the same page 99 times out of 100. I have to laugh at people who think that having two parties means you have two opposing ideologies. Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same, catering to slightly different social leanings, depending on whether their districts are predominantly rural or urban.

Of course, we get the government we deserve.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby dlynne1123 » January 7th, 2011, 5:16 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
amazincc wrote:
"The president did place a call to Mr. Lurie to discuss plans for the use of alternative energy at Lincoln Financial Field, during which they spoke about that and other issues."

I take it that THIS was the *real* reason for the phone call in the first place?

Peter King of Sports Illustrated and NBC Sports reported Monday that Mr. Obama recently called Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie to praise the team for giving Vick a chance.

I also take it that Peter King is NOT an Obama fan?

Yup... black President praises white team owner for picking up a black ex-convict... why is that surprising?
I'm pretty sure, in the grand scheme of the actual conversation, the Vick part was hardly a blip on the radar.

Anything concerning Vick is still HUGE news, no matter where you stand on the issue.
To install wind turbines and solar panels at Lincoln Financial Field in a bid to "run the first self-sufficient alternative-energy sports stadium in the country" ... not so interesting/read-worthy to most of us.
A smart reporter knows that. :|

Ditto! The media is very warped, it's amazing how both sides can be blown out of proportion!
I happen to think that President Obama is a decent human being. He's also not a dummy, and "ignoring the elephant in the room" doesn't make sense... especially when it comes to politics.
Do I believe that the actual and REAL purpose of the phone call was to support Vick??? Good God, no.
I do think the Vick issue came up in conversation... and was blown out of proportion by the media.
I'm not surprised by that. :bs:

:clap:
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » January 7th, 2011, 5:37 pm

DemoDick wrote:If you dislike Bush then you should dislike Obama as well, since they are on the same page 99 times out of 100. I have to laugh at people who think that having two parties means you have two opposing ideologies. Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same, catering to slightly different social leanings, depending on whether their districts are predominantly rural or urban.

Of course, we get the government we deserve.

Demo Dick

Uhm... I absolutely don't think that having two parties means you have two opposing ideologies.
My statement was based purely on their respective personalities as I perceive them... not so much their politics.
I find President Obama to be an intelligent, well-spoken, and personable man.
President Bush often made me cringe, and left me feeling a tad embarrased... usually for him.

Yesssss... I'm a little bit shallow that way. :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » January 7th, 2011, 5:45 pm

amazincc wrote:I find President Obama to be an intelligent, well-spoken, and personable man.President Bush often made me cringe, and left me feeling a tad embarrased... usually for him.

Yesssss... I'm a little bit shallow that way. :dance:

Yeah, about that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of61E1FesPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5dY3vV ... re=related

Sorry. :D

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby DemoDick » January 7th, 2011, 5:46 pm

I'm thinking "inhalater" comes right after "Hispanically" in the Presidential dictionary.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby amazincc » January 7th, 2011, 6:23 pm

I didn't say he was perfect. :|

I am all for making up new words for the Presidential dictionary... so far, "shellacking" is one of my favorites. :D

(And maybe I just can't get past the "choking-on-a-pretzel-and-falling-off-the couch" incident when it comes to President Bush.)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Previous

Return to Michael Vick