Poor Gator

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby TinaMartin » January 27th, 2010, 10:16 am

Well we can now add Gator to the I tore my nail off club. I havnt been able to get a pic. of it as of yet. Even when he is still hes not still so I just get a big blur. It doesnt seem to be bothering him to much so that is good. Of course it is one of the back ones which are harder to get to (he likes to tuck his feet) So now I am part of the nail watching club. >(
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 27th, 2010, 10:24 am

Poor thing! It's funny how it keeps happening to the big tough dogs!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby kera09 » January 27th, 2010, 10:44 am

it sucks doesnt it?!?! ava breaks her nails often and they grow so wierd i have to keep an i eye on them at least every few days! :(
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » January 27th, 2010, 11:09 am

I am sorry to hear Gator broke a nail too. Ino's vet said it may have to do with the moisture change during winter and I am thinking now that may be a major factor. It definately is something that appears to be more common in winter (atleast that holds true for my boy and it seems that it is more common in the dogs residing in the northeast or northern states during the colder months- from looking at the posts).Ino has never had a nail break during the warmer months. I have to keep on top of dremeling Ino's nails and inspecting them daily for jagged edges so I can round them off or clip areas that need it so he does not break them when we go out on our walks. I know for Ino, digging and falling through the ice layer on top of the snow are 2 things that have caused his breaks- but something definately has made them more brittle than they should be. The suppliments do seem to be helping also because his breaks are not as common and are not as bad when they do occur now. :| All I know for sure though is it sucks when they do break!!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TinaMartin » January 27th, 2010, 12:56 pm

This is the first time it has happened. He will be 5 in May. He has always had very hard thick nails. :| It looks like it snapped to the side.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Marinepits » January 27th, 2010, 3:04 pm

:lol3: Awww, poor Gator! Tell him he has Mac's sympathy. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TinaMartin » January 27th, 2010, 5:05 pm

I will. They can tuck their feet together. :dance:
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Jenn » January 27th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Owwie, hope it's not bothering him too bad!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TinaMartin » February 3rd, 2010, 10:49 am

We now have 2 broken nails. :cuss: The second is next to the first. The rest of his nails look ok so hopefully no more. >(
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Nutrition & Health