Oh, Celena don't eat THAT!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby HappyChick » May 16th, 2010, 9:56 am

The little "Princess" loves to eat and not always food.

Shortly after I got home Friday, Leni was in her crate and yacked. I saw it had some fibers in it, so I ran to get a paper towel, but she had gobbled it back up before I could get it. :puke: I figured she'd yack it up again, but she didn't.

Fast forward to 2:00 this morning. She yacked again and gobbled (nice thing to wake up to). 20 or so minutes later she yacked again, but this time I was fast enough to grab some bath tissue and get at least half of it away from her as she was trying to gobble faster than I could snatch it! Yes, I'm am officially a yack-snatcher now. :giggle: There was a lot of thread in the yack.

She's eating her blankets. I think she is doing it out of boredom in the crate while I'm at work. She has always chewed in them a little, but now I'm concerned she will fool around and get an obstruction if she eats too much blanket material. There are a couple of blankets I'll stop putting in there as the threads in them are easier for her to pick apart. I don't put toys, bones, etc. in the crate when I'm not here to supervise.

Any advice? Any ideas about toys, etc. she can have while I'm not around?
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » May 16th, 2010, 11:19 am

Kinzyl used to be a yack gobbler. That was my other opportunity to use the leave it command. She doesn't do it anymore but I have to be quick with Sammy.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Return to Nutrition & Health