shaking head

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » January 5th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Ozzy has been shaking his head a lot lately. I looked in his ears and they look completely clean and i also put some drops in them yesterday but he's still shaking his head.
He doesn't appear to have ear mites so what else could it be?
I'm thinking it could be because he can't scratch himself :| since his back legs don't function normally he cannot scratch his neck/ears like a normal dog.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Malli » January 6th, 2011, 3:48 am

he might have something in one of them, only a vet with an otoscope can look and see for sure.

Be careful, enough head shaking could rupture a blood vessel in the ear and cause an aural hematoma...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » January 6th, 2011, 1:09 pm

yea that's what i'm afraid of :( Have to find a way to get him into the vet asap.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby plebayo » January 7th, 2011, 2:16 am

Malli wrote:he might have something in one of them, only a vet with an otoscope can look and see for sure.

Be careful, enough head shaking could rupture a blood vessel in the ear and cause an aural hematoma...

This. He could have a ball of wax stuck down there. LiLo has that problem, her ears always look clean but she gets wax stuck in the canal and it makes her ears itch.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby AllAmericanPUP » January 7th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Also wondering if it might be that he's allergic to beef. I switched them over to a beef based food a couple months ago. :|
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Return to Nutrition & Health