Elongated Soft Palette

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby pitsnok » March 16th, 2011, 1:14 am

Boss has one... and his snoring is out of control. Well, tonight I'm just more annoyed than usual by it. Anyone have any 'remedies'? haha? It seems that laying with his head up...way up... seems to help but that must not be very comfortable because he never stays like that long...
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » March 16th, 2011, 2:48 am

Is boss the dog you had that almost overheated?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitsnok » March 16th, 2011, 3:06 am

Nope! That was Degan. Boss has only been around since September. He's 'temporary'...

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » March 16th, 2011, 2:33 pm

hmm... I asked because, I think Pushed-in-face (brachycephalic) have elogated palates and often have trouble cooling themselves in the heat or after a lot of exertion.

I'm not sure I have anything to suggest, I know if Oscar (or Wes :lol3: ) is snoring if they extend their neck and raise their chin it will decrease or eliminate the snoring.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitsnok » March 16th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Yep, that's about the only thing I've found that has helped, haha. And Boss is pretty brachycephalic... even has bulgier eyes. The vet said we could have surgery on it, but since he isn't having any sleep apnea problems there's really no reason to...other than our own personal sanity, haha.

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » March 16th, 2011, 2:45 pm

you could try seeing if he'll sleep on a pillow so he can comfortably extend his neck and lift his chin
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » March 16th, 2011, 3:20 pm

As far as I know the only "relief" is surgery.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Return to Nutrition & Health