So... About those rabies vaccines...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Malli » May 31st, 2011, 2:59 am

But, I have asked Vets and Techs, and the concensus is that what the titer means in dogs(and other species?) is not fully understood, meaning that they are unsure of if it indicates full immunity.

My understanding is that info on Titers is still in it's infancy...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby DemoDick » May 31st, 2011, 11:05 am

Malli wrote:But, I have asked Vets and Techs, and the concensus is that what the titer means in dogs(and other species?) is not fully understood, meaning that they are unsure of if it indicates full immunity.

My understanding is that info on Titers is still in it's infancy...

Yeah, unfortunately I have encountered vets who think that raw feeding will result in salmonella poisoning as well as human physicians who think that my consuming 2-4 pounds of meat per day will result in my heart exploding. I remain a skeptic.

Unfortunately, many people with academic degrees spend so much time being experts about one thing or another that they very rarely stop to consider that they might have some learning to do.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health