Advice, Opionions and Good Thoughts For Doogie

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby BigDogBuford » June 30th, 2011, 12:07 am

I've had really good results with the acupuncture for Buford's arthritis as well.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » June 30th, 2011, 2:41 am

oh phew! A sore neck is fixable.

Feel better soon and get some rest Doogie. (also Jeanine)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 30th, 2011, 5:59 am

This turned out "not so bad"! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » June 30th, 2011, 12:46 pm

the acupuncture has got me thinking...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Pit♥bull » June 30th, 2011, 12:57 pm

We tried acupuncture with 'Spirit' Trouble and had no good results. :(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » July 1st, 2011, 12:50 am

Wow, that's pretty cool that the acupuncture is working for him and so quickly too. I hope he gets total relief soon.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » July 1st, 2011, 9:50 am

Pit♥bull wrote:We tried acupuncture with 'Spirit' Trouble and had no good results. :(

Acupuncture isn't curative of pain, and I wouldn't use it in place of regular pain medication. However it does help ease tense muscles in ways that I think some medication can't help. My mom has had to have it done and although it did not relieve her back pain, it did ease the soreness of her muscles. The veterinarian who did it for LiLo was pretty clear that it probably wouldn't relieve her pain completely, but was good for the rest of her body because the rest of her body has to compensate for her hips.

It was a very subtle change, but I could definitely tell it made LiLo feel more comfortable. It didn't really change her hip range of motion or anything like that[she has arthritis], but I felt that she was less sore because the rest of her body was less sore.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby BigDogBuford » July 1st, 2011, 10:52 am

Yeah, Doogie's still on some pretty potent muscle relaxers but the acu has helped a lot already. He's still a bit incontinent and moving slow but he's able to pick his head up more and seems to be moving more easily. He'll go in for some more acu on Wednesday and is still on strict crate rest and pain meds for a while.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » July 1st, 2011, 11:01 am

Still sending good thoughts for Doogie.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BigDogBuford » July 13th, 2011, 11:00 am

I wish I had a better update for Doogie. We started him on Ab's and Pred just to see if it would help and it did for a couple of days. He's now pacing/circling constantly and completely incontinent (urine and bowel movements). Last week his right eye was sunken in and he was pretty much blind out of it. We still have no idea what's going on with him. I'm going to call for a neuro consult today. Depending on what they find (I will not be doing an MRI or anything like that) we may be euthanizing him next week.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » July 13th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Oh no....I am sorry.... :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » July 13th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Oh no :(
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BigDogBuford » July 13th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Doogie has started seizuring and we will be euthanizng him this evening.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amalie79 » July 13th, 2011, 12:51 pm

I'm so sorry. :(
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » July 13th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Our thought are with you Jeanine, I truly know what you are going through. :cry1: :hug3:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 13th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Man, it just gets worse and worse....

Looking for a bright spot in this mess, he had his last few months with you, Jeanine. He was a lucky pup.

I am sorry.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 13th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Oh no. I'm so very sorry, Jeanine. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » July 13th, 2011, 4:12 pm

I'm very sorry, Jeanine. I wish there were something someone could say that would make it better, but we all know that isn't possible. My thoughts are with you. I know how very difficult that decision is.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » July 13th, 2011, 4:16 pm

:hug3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby madremissy » July 13th, 2011, 4:27 pm

:( I am so sorry Jeanine. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health