Puzzle's bumps

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 29th, 2011, 11:24 am

So...Puzzle went to the vet this morning for the bumps that have been plaguing her for more that a week. They are on the back of her right front leg...and break open when she plays hard in the yard. Over the week, she's developed another one on her chest area that has gotten quite angry. At the vet, we discovered a few more hiding in her armpits, and down her front legs. none on her belly, groin, back legs, rump, etc. All on the front legs and chest. I'll try and get some pics

The vet said she'd never seen anything like them...(that's my crazy Puzzle girl!)...and put her on a round of Cipro and special shampoo (3x week). If they don't clear up with the meds, they'll have to cut one off and biopsy. :rolleyes2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » September 29th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Poor Puzzle.............Sending good thoughts..........
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby SisMorphine » September 29th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Let me check with my friend. I remember her old pit foster having similar postules under his chin and on his feet and he would open them up a lot. It was some sort of infection but I can't remember what it was. I'll let you know when she gets back to me.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Nutrition & Health