the weather and the camera...

Need some help with your pictures? Have some tips to share?

Postby Malli » January 4th, 2010, 2:48 pm

I see snow pics, and I'd love to have them, but to be honest I'd be scared to take my camera out in that. Do people take them through a window from indoors? Or do they just take the camera out in the snow? (or for that matter, insert rain where it says snow)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby maberi » January 4th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Malli wrote:I see snow pics, and I'd love to have them, but to be honest I'd be scared to take my camera out in that. Do people take them through a window from indoors? Or do they just take the camera out in the snow? (or for that matter, insert rain where it says snow)

Snow yes, rain no unless I'm protected (that sounds funny)

I did pay a bit extra to have my camera and lenses covered under my home owners insurance just to be safe.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » January 4th, 2010, 3:16 pm

I take my camera out in the snow, but you have to take precautions when you are coming back inside.

Once your camera and lenses are chilled through, you have to take extra care that they warm up slowly to prevent condensation. Bring your camera case outside with you so that it also gets cold. When you are done taking pictures, put the camera away, close the case completely and then bring it inside. Allow the camera and lens to warm up slowly inside the case over the course of an hour or so.

I don't shoot in the rain unless I have an umbrella. I don't worry much about humidity, I have silica gel packs in my camera cases to take care of any problems.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Picture Tips