How does her weight look?

Postby BullyLady » November 7th, 2008, 1:59 am

I have cut Shelby back to just 1 lb of food a day, which I feel like isn't very much food, but she was getting a little plump. I am very weight conscious with all of my animals, but especially my dogs, and especially her since she's till a growing pup. I'm just so paranoid that she will get hip dysplasia and be in pain like our poor Sophie was.

Anyways, I don't feel like she is overly skinny, but I just wanted to get some outside input to make sure she's still on track. I have a hard time keeping it straight sometimes since Sirius is still a little underweight. And well.... pretty much everyone else I know keeps their dogs "fat and happy" :rolleyes2: lol So I was hoping you all would help me out!

Top view: This one was hard to get, but she has a pretty good hourglass going

And a lateral:

And then a face shot, just cause she's cute :mrgreen:

Any and all input is appreciated, even if it's negative I won't be offended. :wink:
Thanks!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby iluvk9 » November 7th, 2008, 6:59 am

She is adorable; she looks like a good weight to me; I have the similar flooring and love it. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » November 7th, 2008, 7:41 am

I think she looks great but remember Kinzyl and I are both working on our weight. She is so stinking cute.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 7th, 2008, 8:30 am

Looking good but she could probably still get a bit more of a tuck. Though I'm not sure what the standard is supposed to be for American Bulldogs, so wait for somebody smarter to come along!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » November 7th, 2008, 8:44 am

She looks fine now...I'd prefer a leaner look, but that's just my sports-dog background talking. :D

Score's on satin balls right now to get his weight back UP...as he's burned off everything he's eaten lately. :shock:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » November 7th, 2008, 9:15 am

She looks great to me. Depending on how bully the dogs in her family are/were you may see her get a good deal thicker over the next year. That's what happened with Teeny. Up until about a year old she had a nice slim pit bull-like figure, but over the last year she has really gotten thick (and recently also plump, ooops!), which can take away a bit of the tuck and hourglass that we're used to seeing in so many other breeds.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby maberi » November 7th, 2008, 10:09 am

Agreed

She looks like she is at a healthy weight. Like Erin I tend to keep my guys (and girl) pretty lean but that is a matter of preference

TheRedQueen wrote:She looks fine now...I'd prefer a leaner look, but that's just my sports-dog background talking. :D

Score's on satin balls right now to get his weight back UP...as he's burned off everything he's eaten lately. :shock:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby BullyLady » November 7th, 2008, 11:25 am

Thanks so much for the input everyone!! You've made me feel much better, I think she's probably doing just fine on 1 lb of food a day then.

I do agree with most of you that she could use a little bit more of a tuck. One thing that is a little deceiving with her though, is that she has alot of extre skin around her chest, so while I think you probably would be able to see some faint rib outlines when she moves, you can't see any because she has too much skin! I suspect that she has alot of thickening out to do over the next year like Sis said.

Thanks guys! :dance:

Oh and Joyce, my hubby installed these floors himself and I love them!! Hardwoods FTW!
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby BullyLady » February 10th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Just wanted to revive this, I've cut a little weight off her and muscled her up a bit. Now whattya think?

And just a cute face shot!
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2009, 11:32 pm

Now I'm really liking what I see! 8)

And yep, we need more of those cute face shots! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » February 10th, 2009, 11:45 pm

She looks HUNGRY!!! :shock: >(

J/k... she looks really good. I love her mug shots. :wink: :heartbeat:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » February 11th, 2009, 12:07 am

She looks awesome!! She is so damn cute it hurts
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Tiger » February 17th, 2009, 5:48 pm

I think that she looks very, very good. And I love her face!

~Tiger
Doja; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD
Gracie; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD, UDX
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Come visit http://NTBBC.com - "Changing One Mind At A Time"
You are given but one life to live, use it wisely....
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby hugapitbull » February 18th, 2009, 6:30 am

I think she looks great. I'll have to do a before and after thread for Trouble, everyone will be amazed.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies