Proctor and Gamble purchases Natura Pet Foods

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2010, 4:27 pm

:(

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articl ... ducts.html

Breaking News: Proctor & Gamble Purchases Natura Pet Products
Written By: Susan Thixton5-5-2010Categorized in: Pet Food NewsBreaking and heart breaking news…Proctor & Gamble purchases Natura Pet Products. All the products, Innova, Evo, California Naturals, Healthwise and Karma – gobbled up by one of the Big Dogs of pet food. Now a partner food to Iams/Eukanuba.

The following is a press release issued by Proctor & Gamble

P&G Acquires Natura Pet Products

P&G Expands Further in 'Super Premium' Pet Food Segment
CINCINNATI, May 5, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG) has signed an agreement to acquire Natura Pet Products, Inc., a privately-held pet food business based in Davis, California.

This move enables P&G to expand into the attractive "holistic and naturals" segment of the pet food category, complementing P&G's current Iams and Eukanuba brands and helping the Company advance its overall growth strategy of "reaching more consumers in more parts of the world more completely."
Natura's brands include Innova, Evo, California Natural, Healthwise, Mother Nature and Karma. These brands are sold in a limited number of pet specialty stores and through veterinarians, mainly in the United States and Canada.
"These outstanding brands and the great employees of Natura Pet Products will complement our Eukanuba and Iams brands very well," said Dan Rajczak, senior vice president of P&G's global pet care and snacks businesses. "This acquisition gives us a strong position in the holistic and natural pet food segment. It will enable us to enhance the health and well-being of even more dogs and cats and represents an exciting new source of growth for our business."

"It's time for the right company to take our brands to the next level of growth. P&G is that company," said John Rademakers, founder and owner of Natura Pet Products. "We know that P&G will honor our history as they capitalize on their strengths to build these brands."

Natura Pet Products employs about 140 people, mainly at its production sites in San Leandro, California and Fremont, Nebraska. P&G is targeting to close this deal in about a month, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory clearances. Specific terms of the deal are not being disclosed.

About Procter & Gamble
Four billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers(R), Tide(R), Ariel(R), Always(R), Whisper(R), Pantene(R), Mach3(R), Bounty(R), Dawn(R), Gain(R), Pringles(R), Charmin(R), Downy(R), Lenor(R), Iams(R), Crest(R), Oral-B(R), Duracell(R), Olay(R), Head & Shoulders(R), Wella(R), Gillette(R), Braun(R) and Fusion(R). The P&G community includes about 135,000 employees working in about 80 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.

SOURCE Procter & Gamble

http://www.pginvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml ... ID=1422726

I am beyond comment at this point.

Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Susan Thixton
Truth about Pet Food
Petsumer Report

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » May 5th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Well, there goes EVO right out the window.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Yup...I'm VERY, VERY unhappy about this...but I'll start a new thread about grain-free choices...;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby babyreba » May 5th, 2010, 10:16 pm

damn it. i usually feed raw, but for years california natural has been the only kibble i've been consistently happy with.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 9th, 2010, 5:12 pm

That stinks... I feed Innova.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies