2009 Calendars

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby mnp13 » December 6th, 2007, 10:54 am

The 2008's are done, so on to the 2009's!

Please keep the 2009 calendar in mind so that we don't have to scramble come next November.

I'd love to have an even larger selection of pictures for the individual calendar next year. I am very selective on the size and composition of the photos for the individual, so we will be keeping our eyes out for potential images over the course of the year. We have had more than a few non-forum members buy the calendar so I'd like to appeal to a larger audience and high quality is mandatory.

The first, and most important, criteria, is the size of the photo. It is impossible to enlarge a small, low resolution picture to a large, high resolution picture. Literally impossible. After the size, it is the focus (I really hate using blurry pictures in any of the calendars). After the focus it is the composition; especially for the individual one.

As people see good shots in the gallery (or elsewhere) please post in that thread to remind the original poster to email me the picture. Not everyone checks this thread, so telling them in the actual thread makes more sense. Let them know that you think the shot would be good for the calendar - whether it is the "multi" or individual. Too many fantastic pictures of the dogs get "lost" as the months pass. You don't have to post only your dog, if you notice a great picture of someone else's just put them here so I can annoy them into emailing them to me!

The calendars and the shirts are the main financial support of the forum, with the staff making up the difference!

As you take pictures that you like of your dog(s) please email them to me as LARGE as you can - calendar@pitbulltalk.com PLEASE, name your picture the name of your dog!!!!!! It was hard for me to keep track of which dogs I had already used, and as I got more frusterated with the pictures this year I started to give up on the ones that were not named correctly.

So...

PLEASE PUT YOUR DOG'S NAME IN THE FILE NAME.

I repeat....

PLEASE PUT YOUR DOG'S NAME IN THE FILE NAME!!!!!!!

Send the largest version of the images that you have. I have plenty of room in my email account, so don't scale them or change them. If the file is under 2 mb it's probably not big enough for the "one up" calendar, but I can probably use them for the "collage" calendar.

The easiest way for you to get me the full size is to send me the picture file from your camera. Photobucket and other online sites scale them. Your original files are on your computer where ever your picture software puts them when you download them. You can find that info in the preferences for the picture program, or just do a search. Most of those programs create a small version of the picture for fast viewing (and that is NOT big enough for me to use) but then access the large one for printing. Trust me on this one!!

for the 2009 multi calendar I'd like to do a theme every month. For example, athletics, sports, kids, holiday (whatever one you celebrate), goofing around, sleeping, playing, snow... etc. Of course, I can't do that if I don't have enough pictures to choose from! That just might get your dog on multiple pages, but I'm not promising that.

Thanks!

ETA: new address for images
Last edited by mnp13 on December 7th, 2007, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » December 7th, 2007, 2:02 pm

NEW ADDRESS FOR 2009 CALENDARS!!!!!!!

send pictures to calendar@pitbulltalk.com

I expect to see lots of holiday and snow pictures arriving there in the immediate future!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » December 8th, 2007, 3:07 pm

At least one month of the multi calendar will be "Pit Bull Friends" so make sure to send in all of your dogs! (maybe even cats ;) )
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby delilahsmommy » December 12th, 2007, 12:51 pm

thank you for my 2008:) its awesome
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » December 25th, 2007, 8:46 pm

I'm going to start posting them here...

Ellies Maya

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » December 25th, 2007, 9:17 pm

On December 08 2007, 2:07 PM, mnp13 wrote:At least one month of the multi calendar will be "Pit Bull Friends" so make sure to send in all of your dogs! (maybe even cats ;) )

Does that mean my dogs are eligible?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » December 25th, 2007, 9:19 pm

Oh, you take some GREAT pics... post them!!!
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » December 25th, 2007, 9:23 pm

On December 25 2007, 8:19 PM, amazincc wrote:Oh, you take some GREAT pics... post them!!!

Awww...thank you :) This is the 2nd time today that I've gotten complimented on my photos...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » December 26th, 2007, 9:28 pm

Cecollins's Sully

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » December 26th, 2007, 9:34 pm

On Friday, 07 December 2007, 1:02 PM, mnp13 wrote:NEW ADDRESS FOR 2009 CALENDARS!!!!!!!

send pictures to calendar@pitbulltalk.com
I expect to see lots of holiday and snow pictures arriving there in the immediate future!

Reminder just in case, make sure you email the FULL sized pic to the above address as well. :wink:
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » December 26th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Liz's Inara

Yeah, I'm just posting them here as suggestions... :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » December 26th, 2007, 9:48 pm

Put the link to the thread as well, so Michelle can track the pics down. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » December 26th, 2007, 10:40 pm

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » December 26th, 2007, 10:46 pm

I don't have any pics of my dogs with pits...darnit!!!!

OH WAIT!!!!

How's this?

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » December 26th, 2007, 10:50 pm

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » December 26th, 2007, 10:59 pm

On December 08 2007, 2:07 PM, mnp13 wrote:At least one month of the multi calendar will be "Pit Bull Friends" so make sure to send in all of your dogs! (maybe even cats ;) )

Katrina... I don't think the pics have to feature Pit Bulls... :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » December 26th, 2007, 11:39 pm

On December 26 2007, 9:59 PM, amazincc wrote:

Katrina... I don't think the pics have to feature Pit Bulls... :wink:

YAY!!!!!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » December 28th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Last edited by amazincc on December 28th, 2007, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby luvmypitties » December 28th, 2007, 7:06 pm

I like that picture with Rusty in it. Who is the Mal?
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby mnp13 » December 28th, 2007, 8:36 pm

Thanks!

The "friends of Pits" don't have to have Pit Bulls in them! any breed is fine!

It's fine to post the pictures here, but the better option is to post in the thread and/or PM the member and have them email it to me. If you post it here, then I have to go to the thread and post or PM them anyway, so you can help me out and skip the extra step!

I really appreciate everyone keeping their eyes peeled for pictures for next year!

Remember to send me all of the full size pictures of your dogs in their Christmas / Hannuka / Solstice / whatever other holiday gear!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Gallery and Cinema