Paul & Julie Mashaney

Postby mnp13 » September 19th, 2008, 10:02 pm

We are Paul & Julie Mashaney, married six months, three pit mixes and one chihuahua. I am a junior high math teacher and Paul is a GM of a movie theatre.

We owned a house in Bridge City, Texas, that was submerged under 6 feet of water during Hurricane Ike. The house has been determined to be not salvageable and all of our belongings were ruined. Paul's car was also destroyed in the flood.

During the evacuation Paul contracted a staph infection at the campsite we stayed at, so we came up to Kansas City for medical attention, to spend time with his family, and to get face time with his corporate office.

We are currently in Kansas City until tomorrow, when we will make the drive back to Texas and stay with my mother until mid-October when Paul's job transfers him back up here. I will follow as soon as I can resign from my contract and he purchases a home here.

We need any small kitchen appliances, glassware, linens and pillows. Donations toward furniture and large appliance purchases are also appreciated.

We did pack all of the dog stuff, so they are covered! We've spent about $600 during the evacuation, mostly on gas, food and purchasing new clothing.

I will be returning to work next Monday, although I imagine many of my students won't be there. Oh, and you can bet that once we are settled in Kansas City, there will be a spare room for any PBT member who needs a place to crash! (Including dogs. Or cats. Or turtles and fish and rabbits and rats.)

On another note, we hope to have Sophie flying high by this week. She's doubled in size and tripled in attitude.

We set up a ChipIn account last night. The email for that account is jmashaney@lcmcisd.org. The fund name is Paul & Julie's Dry Stuff Fund.
http://mashaneydrystuff.chipin.com/paul ... stuff-fund

Thank you guys in advance, so very much.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Paying it Forward