help!!!!

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby mwids » December 9th, 2008, 10:01 pm

once a day for a bout 10 min. my dog goes ape crap jumping uup, barking, biting, everything bad and we can't stop him. the only refuge we have is putting him in his cage. how can i go about correcting this? :confused: :confused: :confused:
mwids
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » December 9th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Sounds like the zoomies to me. They best thing to do is keep them exercised to cut down on any sudden bursts of insane energy. Or hide. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » December 10th, 2008, 12:23 pm

Agree with Deb. With the weather changing mine have been quite the hyper idiots lately. :|
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » December 10th, 2008, 2:00 pm

LOL definitely sounds like the zoomies to me. As far as the jumping up and biting and stuff goes, does he have a normal time of day when this occurs? I would keep some toys handy so when he does get crazy you can put something in his mouth as an acceptable thing to bite.

Exercise tends to cut down on the zoomies for some dogs, but I must say every Monday night, after we get home from training and it's midnight and I'm exhausted, I let the dogs out of the car and they have insane zoomies for about 5 minutes. I guess they just like training ;)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby katiek0417 » December 10th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Usually with it getting colder out, dogs get out less (or for a lesser period of time)...so they tend to have a good amount of energy that just "bounds" sometimes...

I try to find interactive things to do with my dogs inside (like with my dogs, I'll work on hunt drive inside)...

A tired dog is a happy dog....well, in actuality, a tired dog is a happy owner...but you get the point!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby mwids » December 12th, 2008, 6:31 pm

SisMorphine wrote:LOL definitely sounds like the zoomies to me. As far as the jumping up and biting and stuff goes, does he have a normal time of day when this occurs? I would keep some toys handy so when he does get crazy you can put something in his mouth as an acceptable thing to bite.

Exercise tends to cut down on the zoomies for some dogs, but I must say every Monday night, after we get home from training and it's midnight and I'm exhausted, I let the dogs out of the car and they have insane zoomies for about 5 minutes. I guess they just like training ;)

yes it usualy happens around the same time, about a half hour after i bring him in from the after dinner walk.(mabye i should double the walk time)
mwids
Just Whelped

Postby mwids » December 12th, 2008, 6:37 pm

katiek0417 wrote:Usually with it getting colder out, dogs get out less (or for a lesser period of time)...so they tend to have a good amount of energy that just "bounds" sometimes...

I try to find interactive things to do with my dogs inside (like with my dogs, I'll work on hunt drive inside)...

A tired dog is a happy dog....well, in actuality, a tired dog is a happy owner...but you get the point!

it has also been raining ALOT and his time outside has not been what is should the past week
mwids
Just Whelped

Return to Living with your Pit Bull