New Bun...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 20th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Here's my newest addition...(well one of the them)..."Castle". Rescued from my friend's vet school...he was a test bunny.

A tortoise mini-rex...who is WAAAAAY overweight. :shock: He's on a diet now...lol

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » April 20th, 2009, 7:42 pm

He's really cute, but looks like a soccer ball with ears! :shock:

btw When I first saw the title of your thread, I thought "OMG, Erin's pregnant!" :giggle:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » April 20th, 2009, 7:50 pm

Marinepits wrote:He's really cute, but looks like a soccer ball with ears! :shock:

btw When I first saw the title of your thread, I thought "OMG, Erin's pregnant!" :giggle:

He's like a wet bag of cement when you try and pick him up...just solid and hard to grab. 8)

Uh...I hope not! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » April 20th, 2009, 7:51 pm

:shock:

Pretty color
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 20th, 2009, 8:21 pm

He is a really pretty color!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » April 20th, 2009, 9:32 pm

He is pretty, looks so nice and soft!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » April 21st, 2009, 6:07 am

Marinepits wrote:He's really cute, but looks like a soccer ball with ears! :shock:

You are on a roll this week..... 8)

How does a rabbit get so fat? What was he eating other than vegetables? Grains? :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » April 21st, 2009, 7:52 am

Marinepits wrote:! :shock:

That's EXACTLY What I thought too!!!!!!!!! A Bun In Erin's Oven!!!! :shock:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » April 21st, 2009, 8:33 am

iluvk9 wrote:How does a rabbit get so fat? What was he eating other than vegetables? Grains? :|

I guess he was eating a dog bowl sized bowl of pellets every day, plus carrots (which I was told are high fat for rabbits) and hay. He lived in a cage that was barely bigger than he was...so no chance to burn any of it off.

Now he's in a bigger cage where he can hop around...and he gets outside time in the x-pen and in the living room. He's not real motivated to move just yet...but he's on less food to start with.

TheRedQueen

Postby SvcDogSawyer » April 21st, 2009, 3:09 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:
Marinepits wrote:! :shock:

That's EXACTLY What I thought too!!!!!!!!! A Bun In Erin's Oven!!!! :shock:

OK, the two of you should be shot for those thoughts(or at least run over by my scooter once or twice).
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby ArtGypsy » April 21st, 2009, 3:11 pm

[quote=]

That's EXACTLY What I thought too!!!!!!!!! A Bun In Erin's Oven!!!! :shock:[/quote]

OK, the two of you should be shot for those thoughts(or at least run over by my scooter once or twice).[/quote]

:wave2: :mrHappy: :mrHappy: :mrHappy:

**giggling-all-the-way****

jody
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Dog_Shrink » April 21st, 2009, 11:15 pm

Wow that sure is a pudgy lil rex. I just sold one at our last show that weighed 6 pounds (2 pounds over the showble limit) and thought she was big. If you would like some unsolicited advice from some one in the bunny field here ya go:
1. Carrots are high in carbs and not really good for bunnies because they are carb sensitive. 1 baby carrot can give a french lop (14 pounds and up) an upset GI tract for over a week possibly leading to gi stasis, diareah or even death if left untreated.
2. Mini rex sized rabbits should be eating around a half cup of pellets a day and all the Timpthy hay they can eat. Rabbits are grazers and eating the hay keeps their GI tract in optimum shape.
3. NEVER ever give your bunny iceberg lettuce unless their dehydrated. Collard greens, & broad leaf lettuce are much better and only give them occasionally (like once a week).
4. Give your bun dried papaya chunks once a week to help comtrol hair balls and help keep the gi tract at optimum performance.

If you ever need any more advice feel free to contact me. BKG_Rabbits@live.com Our rabbitry is currently shopping for a publisher for our "Complete Rabbit Guide" but if you would like a copy I'd be happy to send it to you in it's current form. It's about 90 pages and full of anything you'd ever need to know about bunny care.
Dog_Shrink
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 22nd, 2009, 5:31 pm

He's cute! But big
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members