Pan Fry/ Cook

Postby javjersey » May 15th, 2009, 1:57 pm

Ok.. Sooo I know most of you will hat me for this because it is probably wrong in 100ds of ways but last week I boiled broccoli, spinach, potatoes and some beef to make a doggie stew. A couple of problems arose, My picky ass dog Brooklyn didnt eat it!! lol, this is obviously easy to fix since he will just eat it next meal because he will be starving. and me being the babier :itsOK: that I am I decided to stir fry it for them :fire: !! :flameT: Took a little butter and smeared the pan then stired it all as I added some soy sauce. not to mention the kids had left over fries right there from the night before so I added that 2 the mix :biggun: I know I know, french fries, soy sauce :jawdrop: ?!?!?!!! what am I thinking!! Seemed like a good idea at the moment. Well They LOVED IT :square: Only think since it was boiled it became this mush, lol, and smelled pretty damn good. :helloClap: and they devoured it. No problms no change in stool dumpings or anything. Anyway so I was asking, was this good? Is it a good idea to cook their veggies n potatoes on a pan like that and if so w/ what? I normally give them an egg a day but also want to include spinach, brocolli and potatoes in2 their diet even if its 3 or 4 times a week.
Sooo any suggestions :mrHappy:
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

"Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend." ~Corey Ford
javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby javjersey » May 15th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Oooo...... As if that wasnt enough!!! I also sporadically during the week give them some ham or turkey or cheese (american yellow, lol) from our cold cuts as an extra or a treat or wtvr reason. Not a set habit but it happens.
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 15th, 2009, 3:59 pm

Watch their sodium intake. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » May 15th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Soy sauce is pretty salty, I wouldnt add very much if any to their meals. Ham slices & cold cuts occasionally arent a bad treat at all. Neither is cheese
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » May 15th, 2009, 4:27 pm

It's really not the best diet (no offense)... and I agree w/watching their sodium intake.
Also... butter... not such a good thing. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby maberi » May 16th, 2009, 7:30 am

Add steamed bone meal (can find it cheap at most health food stores)

Dogs NEED to have calcium and phosphorus in their diets

Also, I would avoid the sodium the next time around if possible
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby javjersey » May 17th, 2009, 12:52 am

Lol.. Ok. So no more soy sauce.. I figured that, so I only did that once.
maberi wrote:Add steamed bone meal
So I will look for steamed bone meal and I will pan fry the veggies and some meat as I did before just WITHOUT butter or soy sauce and just used the bone meal. Also I read some where that some type of fish oil is excellend for dogs. Any one have an idea what that was. I will look it up now, maybe I can pan cook their food with a little of that :-D
Thank you all

javjersey
Just Whelped

Return to Raw Feeding