Project Sage Horse Rescue

Postby Marinepits » May 28th, 2009, 6:05 pm

http://www.projectsagehorserescue.org/

Project Sage Horse Rescue, run by 19-year-old Brittany Rostron, is based on Long Island, New York. We are New York state certified non-profit organization and a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Project Sage was started in 2007 and has since rescued over 30 horses from slaughter. Our horses are kept at various farms on Long Island at loving foster homes. Brittany started Project
Sage in memory of her late thoroughbred, Sage, who was a rescue horse.

Project Sage Horse Rescue attends auctions and goes to feedlots to purchase horses that would other wise be sent to slaughter. The horses are then assessed by a veterinarian and further rehabilitated by us to ensure their health and proper weight. After the horse is in top condition the horse is offered for adoption to an appropriate home. Prospective adopters are screened to ensure that the horse will be placed in a perfect, loving, forever home. Every horse is adopted out under contract so he/she will never end up back at the auction. Volunteers conduct visits to the horses new home periodically to ensure they are still safe and are being cared for properly. We raise funds in various ways and do many fundraiser's through out the year. We also collect monetary donations. Project Sage Horse Rescue attends many events within the community to educate the public, especially the youth, on the inhumane slaughter and neglect of horses.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby call2arms » May 29th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Salvato, in the adoptable page... The eyes on him! Gah!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby DeeNtheChillas » May 29th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Gorgeous horses. I absolutely love what people do for rescue horses.
Perhaps that's what I'll use my new barn and acreage for someday, to help out a needy horse. (I can dream! :P )
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue