He diggs?? and scents himself??

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby javjersey » April 27th, 2009, 10:57 am

My son brooklyn digs..... ---->
Its not a problem, he dosnt do it infront of me and if he does and I tellhim to stop, he does. Its getting warm out so when we go out we leave him and his ,little pug, brother Billy outside so they can be in the open. Not really a HUGE area but better than the crate (because Billy liks to mark his territory, he needs to get neutered!) and brooklyn made a HUGE hole on the couch, but that was in September, so I think he can be trusted :-D. Well we leave them outside and its all paved except for the edge which is under the fence and in to out neighbors land. he dug that whole side of the fence up!!! totally, dirt everywhere. Like I said its not a problem, that OMG I can't get him to stop digging!!! its more of a nuisance because I just bathed them!! Its a normal dog thing to do, right. Not a problem as I see it, and I really dont want to stop letting them from being out there and having doggie brother time :-)

What I DO NOT GET THOUGH!! Is that Brooklyn will throw sniff and I guess find a scent and then throw himself on it!! Head first, and rubbing his head, neck and body on it and will roll on it. I know that pee or was pee!!! So Im just curious why does he do this? Is it something to stop? If so, how do I stop it?
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

"Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend." ~Corey Ford
javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby celeste » May 29th, 2009, 11:49 pm

Im pretty sure rolling in smelly stuff is normal dog behaviour.
Its what they like to do in their spare time!
celeste
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » May 31st, 2009, 9:44 am

You could be describing Darlene with the "throw herself into the scent and roll" routine. Sometimes I even run over to see if there is rabbit poop or something that she is rolling in. :|

As for the digging, is he part Labradork or Golden?? 8) My two are the Digging Kings, outside. :rolleyes2: I can stop Truman by putting dog poop where he likes to dig, but Lenny just eats it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 31st, 2009, 9:46 am

Inara rolled in something this morning. I had taken her out for her morning pee and she was just sniffing around, then I saw the shoulder dip and she was down. Fortunately whatever she was rolling in didn't smear on her coat or anything. :giggle:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby javjersey » June 9th, 2009, 10:31 am

Lol!!!! :puke:
Its just dog behavior I guess.. I have yet to see him throw himself into poop! lol but once he had a stain that was very very questionable so my only guess is pee, old dry pee. and it gets so much that he gets other dogs in to it with him! lol. He got mym parents 2yr old black shepperd Cleo doing it with them this weekend. I thought that was pretty funny :)
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

"Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend." ~Corey Ford
javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby kera09 » July 3rd, 2009, 12:19 am

all 3 of my pitties have found exceptionally stinky spots to roll in this yr! bath time happens often in this house lately!!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Training & Behavior