Watchmen

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby mnp13 » July 26th, 2009, 1:32 pm

I had such a GREAT surprise last night! Jenn and her daughter came over to play and she bringed me a present!!! THANKS!!!

Watchmen just came out on Blu-Ray; we had originally planned to see it in the theater and never made it there. So, we were all flying blind, and it was the director's cut with more than 24 minutes of extra footage (as printed on the package, which I can only imagine means it's 24 minutes 29 seconds or it would have said "almost 25 mintues")! Woo Hoo for extra footage (not that we knew the difference anyway)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I generally love comic book movies, but I had no background with this title so didn't know what to expect. They don't give much background into the characters, what their powers are, how they got them, etc. But I still found the story engaging, though it dragged somewhat.

Now, most comic book movies have some violence, but are generally rated PG-13 at the most. This one was R but we didn't think much of it. BIG MISTAKE. I like blow-em-up-and-shoot-em movies, but this one had violence on par with the old Steven Segall movies. When it's not expected, it's surprising. It also had a scene that would qualify for some of Skinemax's night time movies.

We didn't make it to the end of the movie (it was over three hours long) but I'm waiting for our next play date to finish it.

I definitely recommend it, but don't expect it to follow the path of most comic book movies.

PS - pay attention to Dr. Manhattan's outfits.

ETA Demo just reminded me that both Punisher movies were rated R as well, and probably more violent than this movie. I found the Punisher movies so disturbing that I have blocked them out of my memory (I watched the first one and didn't make it through the first half hour of the second.)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ArtGypsy » July 26th, 2009, 2:01 pm

Thanks for the info!!!!

I remember watching sin city, and being scared to death that Cole's father would end up RENTING it for him.........

((((((shudder)))))
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 26th, 2009, 3:28 pm

I wanted to see Watchmen but never got to - thanks for reminding me to add it to my Netflix queue!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Movie Madness