Boycott of Eagles Sponsors

Postby ArtGypsy » August 15th, 2009, 8:48 pm

mnp13 wrote:Dear Pepsi,
In addition, I own the discussion forum PitBullTalk.com and will be encouraging my 1,971 members to stop buying all Pepsico products as well.

Sincerely,

Michelle

Ooooooooooooooooh.
Michelle OWNS us.....
**Jody, who thinks if she's "owned" by Michelle, then she'll get good doggie treats....... :dance:

ahem.

sorry.
back on topic.....
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2009, 8:55 pm

lmao
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby CinderDee » August 16th, 2009, 3:15 pm

List of NFL sponsors.

1.) Pepsi
2.) Coke
3.) Anheuser-Busch (and it's companies)
4.) Burger King
5.) Taco Bell

Activa Consumer
Airplay
AOL
Apparel
Atari / Humongous
Bank of America (Formerly MBNA America)
Board Games
Boelter Brands
Bradford Exchange
Burger King
Campbell Soup Company
Canon USA
CBS Sportsline
Collectibles
College Concepts, LLC
Community Awareness Programs
Coors Brewing Company
Crest
Dairy Management, Inc.
Dallas Cowboys
DirecTV
Duracell
Donruss/Playoff
EA Fantasy Football
EA Mobile
eBay/NFL/PLAYERS INC Auction Site
Electronic Arts
ESPN.com
Events
Exclusive Pro Sports
Fantasy Football
Fathead, LLC
Febreze
FedEx
Fox Sports
Frito-Lay
Gatorade
General Motors
Getty Images
Gillette
Gracelyn, Inc.
Gridworks, Inc
GSI Commerce Solutions, Inc.
Head2Head Sports
Head & Shoulder
Healy Awards
Helmets Off (FSN)
IBM
IHOP
Ivory
JB Awards (CBS)
John F. Turner & Co, Inc.
K2 Licensing and Promotions
MBI, Inc.
Media Properties
Merrick Mint
Mitchell and Ness
Mr Clean
Motorola
MVP Pics
National Fantasy Football Championships (Krause)
National Football League
Native Vision
News America
NFL Players Gala Featuring the JB Awards
NFL Players Live! at the NFL Experience
NFL Players Rookie Premiere
NFL Players Rookie Premiere (NFL Network)
NFL Quarterback Challenge
Old Spice
Oral B
Original Mini Jerseys
Outerstuff
OverTime Magazine
Pepsi
Peter David
Photo File, Inc.
PLAYERS INC Website (http://www.NFLPLAYERS.com)
PLAYERS INC/NFL Sponsors
Pop Warner Little Scholars
Posters, Calendars, Fine Arts and Photos
Press Pass
Prilosec
Pringles
Pro Specialties Group
ProTrade
Procter & Gamble
Publishing
Quarterback Challenge (TBD)
Reebok/On Field Apparel
Riddell
Ripon Athletic
Sababa Toys
Samsung
SC Sports
Sirius Satellite Radio (Satellite Radio Partner)
Snickers
Southwest Airlines
Special Olympics D.C.
Specialty Board Games
Sprint
Stahls' Hotronix
State Farm
Stats, Inc. (DigiMedia, AFS, SportsBuff, SI.com)
Stay Cool in School
Strat-o-Matic
Swiffer
Team Beans
The Sporting News
The Topps Company, Inc.
THQ Wireless
Tide
TMP International, Inc.
Trading Cards
Trends International
Tropicana
UPI Marketing, Inc.
Upper Deck Authentic
Upper Deck Company
USAopoly
VF Imagewear, Inc.
Video Games
Visa
Wheel of Fortune/NFL Players Week (Syndicated)
Wincraft
Winning Streak Sports
Wireless
Yahoo Sports
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby ArtGypsy » August 16th, 2009, 7:17 pm

Remember when fans smashed the Beatles Records in Protest?? How about All of us plan ONE DAY when we take ALL our Frito-lay, Pepsio-co, Quaker Oat, Tropicana. Gatorade products to a homeless shelter and drop them off!! (instead of dumping them on t...he ground. Just think of all the Pepsi and Oatmeal America Could Dump)),,

But let's PICK A DAY, FILM it, UPLOAD all of our trips to the Shelters and SEND THE MESSAGE !!

I posted this idea to face book........if we could POST/CROSS POST to everyone we know across the Nation, maybe the idea would catch on, snow ball, etc.....

If there were a TON of home made You Tube videos, small town newspaper//T.V.pictures, maybe it could go a long way getting the message out!!!

Let's try!!! :dance: :dance:
ArtGypsy

Postby fenella » August 17th, 2009, 10:26 am

Here's the response I got...

Thank you for contacting Anheuser-Busch regarding the Philadelphia Eagles’ recent signing of Michael Vick. We always appreciate hearing from the public even when it comes in the form of constructive criticism.

Although our relationship with the team existed long before the signing, your comments have been noted; and will be kept in mind as consider our plans for the remainder of 2009 and beyond.

As a company, please be assured that Anheuser-Busch cares about animal rights. We have spent more than a century developing our reputation in this area and have taken a leadership role in animal protection, animal rescue and rehabilitation, and wildlife habitat preservation. Our company is a major sponsor of organizations such as the Wildlife Habitat Council, The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, and Ducks Unlimited among others. Throughout the years we have partnered with and contributed millions of dollars in support of conservation and wildlife programs. Consider the following:

§ Since 1970, Anheuser-Busch’s SeaWorld and Busch Gardens adventure parks have rescued more than 14,000 animals, many injured or ill due to human causes. In addition, the non-profit SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund was recently launched to expand these efforts. Since 2003, the Fund has given $3.5 million to 286 projects in more than 60 countries.

§ Eight Anheuser-Busch facilities have obtained Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) certification for managing company-owned lands for the benefit of wildlife. Anheuser-Busch employees volunteer countless hours to ensure that the facility lands are managed with wildlife in mind.

As we take the concerns of our consumers very seriously, we thank you again for sharing your thoughts on this issue. In addition, we hope that you have a better understanding about our commitment and reputation for treating animals with respect, and more importantly, our commitment to the unwavering principles of responsibility in all that we do.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Anheuser-Busch
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » August 17th, 2009, 10:37 am

Here's the lousy response I got from Quaker....

It almost pisses me off..........'we take the utmost pride whether with an athlete, team or organization>......
Heck with you, Margie.

Jolene:

Thanks for contacting us and letting us know your feelings about Michael Vick. As you may know, PepsiCo/Quaker Oats does not have an individual sponsorship relationship with him.

The NFL has said that Mr. Vick has been reinstated to the league on a conditional basis and will be considered for full reinstatement in October based on the progress he makes in his transition plan. As sponsors of the NFL, we have the utmost confidence that the senior leadership at the NFL will continue to appropriately address this issue.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the appropriate individuals at PepsiCo/Quaker Oats as we take the utmost pride in our sponsorships, whether with an athlete, team, or organization such as the NFL.

Margie
Quaker Consumer Relations
Ref# 026956975A

The Quaker Oats canister tube is made of 100% recycled materials, and the band around the top is made of biodegradable corn.
===================
ArtGypsy

Postby ArtGypsy » August 17th, 2009, 10:48 am

SO I SENT THIS::

Margie, or whomever is reading this response....

It doesn't MATTER to our family if you have a relationship with Michael Vick, or NOT.
You have a relationship with the Eagles, and if we as a group of outraged animal lovers (and over all good human beings), have to pull our money from the businesses that support this team, we will.

And to be honest, This form letter response is one of the most pathetic I have received from the myriad companies I have contacted.
So, Despite how this turns out, I may NEVER use your products again, simply because of your nonchalant, almost defensive tone in this letter, and the fact it's almost insulting in it's lack of effort on the part of Pepsi-Co/Quaker.

Jolene Schaubroeck.

ArtGypsy wrote:Here's the lousy response I got from Quaker....

It almost pisses me off..........'we take the utmost pride whether with an athlete, team or organization>......
Heck with you, Margie.

Jolene:

Thanks for contacting us and letting us know your feelings about Michael Vick. As you may know, PepsiCo/Quaker Oats does not have an individual sponsorship relationship with him.

The NFL has said that Mr. Vick has been reinstated to the league on a conditional basis and will be considered for full reinstatement in October based on the progress he makes in his transition plan. As sponsors of the NFL, we have the utmost confidence that the senior leadership at the NFL will continue to appropriately address this issue.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the appropriate individuals at PepsiCo/Quaker Oats as we take the utmost pride in our sponsorships, whether with an athlete, team, or organization such as the NFL.

Margie
Quaker Consumer Relations
Ref# 026956975A

The Quaker Oats canister tube is made of 100% recycled materials, and the band around the top is made of biodegradable corn.
===================
ArtGypsy

Postby TheRedQueen » August 17th, 2009, 12:14 pm

You're my hero Jody! :D

I got the same form letter from Annheuser-Busch that Jenn got... :rolleyes2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » August 17th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Well it would seem that I gave Pepsi FAR too much credit.
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for contacting Pepsi-Cola Company. We certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

As you may know, Pepsi does not have a relationship with Michael Vick. In fact, we have never worked with this individual. However, we do agree with the NFL that Michael Vick’s illegal activities, for which he was convicted in 2007, were cruel and degrading.

Once again, many thanks for contacting us and please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate individuals within the Company.

Dennis Dowd
Consumer Relations Representative
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » August 17th, 2009, 12:53 pm

My response:
Dear Pepsi,

I wrote to you last week about your sponsorship of the Philadelphia Eagles, and received your response earlier today. I have to say that your email was insulting. Not only did it not address anything in my email to you, it was identical to the emails sent to dozens of my friends who also wrote to you.

Your company claims that you do not have a relationship with Michael Vick, however that is NOT true. You DO have a relationship with Micheal Vick. You give millions of dollars to the Phildelphia Eagles, and they pay Micheal Vick millions of dollars - your money directly affects their payroll.

Your sponsorship of the Eagles indicates support of the Eagles and their actions. It is no different than if I gave money to PeTA, and then said that my money had nothing to do with the wholesale slaughter of animals in their care.

You have a relationship with the Eagles, therefore you have a relationship with all of their staff and all of their players.

I am currently drinking my very last can of Pepsi Throwback, and when I get home I will be clearing my home of all Pepsi and Pepsico products. Everything will be donated to the homeless shelter across from my home.

Until you stop giving your money to a team that supports someone who tortures animals, I will not give you my money - because giving you MY money indicates that I support the companies that you give YOUR money to (see how that works?), and nothing could be further from the truth.

I hope you come to your senses soon, as I greatly enjoy all of your products.

Michelle
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » August 17th, 2009, 2:02 pm

WOW! They REALLY don't give a crap!
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for contacting Pepsi-Cola Company. We certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

As you may know, Pepsi does not have a relationship with Michael Vick. In fact, we have never worked with this individual. However, we do agree with the NFL that Michael Vick’s illegal activities, for which he was convicted in 2007, were cruel and degrading.

The NFL has said that Mr. Vick has been reinstated to the league on a conditional basis and will be considered for full reinstatement by mid-October based on the progress he makes in his transition plan. As sponsors of the NFL, we have the utmost confidence that the senior leadership at the NFL will continue to appropriately address this issue.

Once again, many thanks for contacting us and please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate individuals within the Company.

Pepsi Consumer Relations

012095832A
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyChick » August 17th, 2009, 2:20 pm

I received the same response from Anheuser-Busch that Fenella received. Here is my reply:

Thank you for the reply. Seeing that Anheuser-Busch cares so much about animal rights leaves me feeling more confident that your company will stand against sponsorship of a team that would sign this animal abuser and killer. However, I still stand by my resolve not to purchase your products until I see proof that Anheuser-Busch is taking steps to remedy this situation.

Thank you,
Angela Ward
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 17th, 2009, 2:25 pm

There's only one way to find out if this email is real, and that's to use it:

indra.nooyi@pepsico.com

:|
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » August 17th, 2009, 2:43 pm

It can't hurt to try
Dear Ms. Nooyi,

I have sent two emails to the Pepsi customer service link on the Pepsi website. I received
the exact same response to both emails. I also received the same response that over
a dozen of my friends received. I know I am making a huge jump in the chain of command
at Pepsico, but it doesn't seem that anyone is actually listing at the bottom level, so perhaps
someone at the top will.

I have been a long time consumer of Pepsi and Pepsico products. At the current time, I am
removing all of your products from my home and will not be purchasing them in the foreseeable
future.

Pepsi is a major sponsor of the Philadelphia Eagles, and as I'm sure you know, the Eagles
have recently signed a multi million dollar contract with convicted dog abuser Michael Vick.
In pervious communications with your customer service department I have been informed that
your company does not have a "personal relationship" with Mr. Vick. However, a sponsor of
a team endorses that team, and that endorsement says that you agree with their decisions.

Pepsi's name is associated with the Eagles, and the Eagles are associated with Michael Vick.
Therefore, Pepsi is directly associated with Michael Vick. Michael Vick will appear in any and
all Eagles / Pepsi advertisements, will wear any and all Eagles / Pepsi logo wear, and will drink
Pepsi products on the sidelines of the games in full view of the cameras - Michael Vick DOES
represent Pepsi now.

I hope that your company either rescinds it's relationship with the Philadelphia Eagles, or encourages
the Eagles to raise their standards to meet what they were in 2007:

"We're very disciplined in what we stand for," Lurie told reporters just over two years ago. "Let me
give you an example -- a few years ago we had a couple players who were . . . to put this nicely,
not very respectful of their dogs. . . . Well, we don't respect that. We don't do that. And they were
gone from the team almost immediately if not immediately. That sets a tone, that these kinds of
attitudes are unacceptable."
Jeffery Lurie, Owner of the Eagles, 2007

The Eagles had different standards just two years ago, when they didn't "need" a backup for
an injured player. Now they have lowered themselves to taking on someone who spent years
torturing and killing dogs. I hope that Pepsi will not lower themselves to pay his salary.

Sincerely,

Michelle
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » August 17th, 2009, 3:18 pm

FYI, folks. Mike Vick was not convicted on any type of abuse or cruelty charges -- he was convicted and sentenced for running a dogfighting organization, which means he went to jail for essentially racketeering, NOT abuse and/or cruelty to animals.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby fenella » August 17th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Best Buy's response :rolleyes2:

Thank you for your comments. We plan to continue our sponsorship of the Philadelphia Eagles as our focus is on the fans, not on the players. Questions and comments about Michael Vick should be directed to the NFL.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kindly,
XXXXXXX
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby LMM » August 17th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Marinepits wrote:FYI, folks. Mike Vick was not convicted on any type of abuse or cruelty charges -- he was convicted and sentenced for running a dogfighting organization, which means he went to jail for essentially racketeering, NOT abuse and/or cruelty to animals.

Many, MANY people do not even realize that fact.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » August 17th, 2009, 5:05 pm

fenella wrote:Best Buy's response :rolleyes2:

Thank you for your comments. We plan to continue our sponsorship of the Philadelphia Eagles as our focus is on the fans, not on the players. Questions and comments about Michael Vick should be directed to the NFL.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kindly,
XXXXXXX

Well, we were looking to upgrade our TV and found one we liked at Best Buy. They just lost our business for good. :shake:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » August 17th, 2009, 9:29 pm

Wow, kind of a rude response. Jerks.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding our sponsorship.

MillerCoors is not involved with player personnel decisions of any NFL teams; and while we are a sponsor, NFL rules prohibit us from having any affiliations with active NFL players. We at MillerCoors appreciate the views of our consumers and will forward your comments to the appropriate department.

Sincerely,

MillerCoors Consumer Affairs Department
Ref: Case#N20491301
---------------------------------------"
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » August 17th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Wow...I'm really surprised at the fairly rude responses from companies...we're telling them that we won't be buying stuff from them...and they're all like "whatever". :| I figured they'd make it sound better at least... :rolleyes2:

Got the same response from Miller... :nono:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

PreviousNext

Return to Michael Vick