Paranormal Activity

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby BigDogBuford » November 3rd, 2009, 8:17 pm

Chris and I had a scary movie marathon on Halloween. We watched 30 Days Of Night (meh), My Name Is Bruce (loved it!), Zombieland (loved it!) and Paranormal Activity.

Paranormal Activity is very low budget ($14,000) and utilizes the POV hand held camera technique. So if you didn't like Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield because of that then you probably won't like this movie either although most of the time the camera is sitting on a tripod so it's not too shaky. There are no big special effects and most of the movie is just watching the things that happen while they're asleep.

It was very, VERY creepy. :shock:

From talking with people, they either love or hate this movie. I found the way it was shot to be very atmospheric. The suspense was almost unbearable and I was literally on the edge of my seat, waiting for something to happen. For a movie with almost no special effects it was pretty scary. Now, I'll admit that I had trouble going to sleep that night but I'm happy to report I didn't have to sleep with my light on. If you like scary movies I suggest you give this one a shot.

FYI, there are two endings. The first one from the 2007 release of the movie and then the edited ending that's currently being shown. I had the opportunity to view both endings and I personally found the original ending to be much better.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby maberi » November 3rd, 2009, 8:22 pm

Lol, I tried to convince Heidi to go see this the other night but she said she heard it was bad

I'm going to have to show her you post :wink:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby BigDogBuford » November 3rd, 2009, 8:24 pm

maberi wrote:Lol, I tried to convince Heidi to go see this the other night but she said she heard it was bad

I'm going to have to show her you post :wink:

Some people definitely won't like it but I thought it was super entertaining!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » November 3rd, 2009, 8:28 pm

I like creepy...and I'm on a kick right now...I can't wait to see this one.

Just watched "The Strangers" tonight...wasn't as scary as I'd hoped.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » November 3rd, 2009, 8:38 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I like creepy...and I'm on a kick right now...I can't wait to see this one.

Just watched "The Strangers" tonight...wasn't as scary as I'd hoped.

I liked the Strangers............ :|
It just had that old fashioned creepiness I long for in 'scary" movies....
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Dukes_mom » November 5th, 2009, 5:03 am

I really didn't like this movie me and my bf watched it over at his friends house and we watched it in the dark and just kinda yawned through it...We are more the gore kinda scary movie type. I can see how it would be creepy tho. I mean who hasn't woken up to something going bump in the night and getting spooked.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » November 5th, 2009, 5:06 am

I can't watch it :lookaround:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Dukes_mom » November 5th, 2009, 5:12 am

Malli wrote:I can't watch it :lookaround:

Why not? Its really not to scary the anticipation of what is going to happen gets you more then the movie.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » November 5th, 2009, 5:20 am

I have an overactive imagination(yes, even at the age of 28) :shock:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 7th, 2009, 7:48 pm

HOLY smurf. Just saw the movie. Scariest movie I've ever seen, hands-down. I nearly shrieked at the end, and I'm not a shrieker. Almost walked out partway through because I was so creeped out. Almost wish I had! :o
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby BigDogBuford » November 7th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Are you going to sleep with your light on tonight? :wink:
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » November 8th, 2009, 3:06 am

I would! Also, cuddled up with my dog, weather he wanted it or not!! :shock:
Definitely not gonna see that one - I'd be useless in the dark for weeks!
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Movie Madness