Help! My dog eats poop, and everything else!

Postby pitsnok » November 24th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Hey guys, I have already spoken to the vet about this, and he said there's really nothing to worry about, but I wanted to see what you all thought. Harlow is CONSTANTLY eating Degan's poop! I swear it is her favorite treat. She is also always trying to sticks, grass, leaves, and other plants.

Do any of your dogs do this? And why do you think she does? We feed her Wellness grain-free food because she is a little allergy dog and the food we used to have them on seemed to bother her stomach.
She doesn't ever throw up after eating the plants, so I don't think it's to soothe her stomach, so maybe she just likes it?
But most importantly, do you guys have any advice on how to get her to stop? She loves to give kisses and it is really disgusting when she tries to do that with a mouth full of poop! :doh:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » November 24th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Pick it up as soon as it hits the ground??? Walk her on a leash??? :|

Sepp is the grazer at my house... Faust will eat anything, including sticks, dirt, cat poop, grass, leaves, bugs - you name it, he will try it.
He's also my allergy dog and eats grain free kibble as well. I don't think it has anything to do w/nutrition (or lack of) - some dogs are just nasty that way. lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby jcoffey917 » November 25th, 2009, 9:43 am

Cooper eats his own poop- not as bad in the summer, but in the winter poopsicles are his favorite treat. :puke: He would also eat the cats poop if he could get to the litter box. He's never eaten dirt but grass and sticks he does.

He also eats grain free, but more because it helped with his horrendous gas than for allergies, although he does get some skin allergies.
jcoffey917
Just Whelped

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies