Ohio Pit Bull Owners-Please READ!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Prestons Dad » December 6th, 2009, 8:56 pm

Hello All,
I am the proud parent of an American Pit Bull Terrier named Preston who was saved from a fighting operation in Akron, Ohio. I am also producing a documentary about breed discrimination titled "Guitly 'Til Proven Innocent". I used to be on this forum when I first started this film about 2 and a half years ago, but I lost my login information, so here I am again....

I am calling all Ohio pit bull owners as there is a very important bill that will die soon pertaining to our four legged companions. House Bill 79 was introduced by State Representative Sears that will, if passed, remove the Breed Specific language in our state law that states---

"Vicious dog" means a dog that, without provocation and subject to division (A)(4)(b) of this section, meets any of the following:

(iii) Belongs to a breed that is commonly known as a pit bull dog. The ownership, keeping, or harboring of such a breed of dog shall be prima-facie evidence of the ownership, keeping, or harboring of a vicious dog.

We are the only state in the U.S that has Breed Specific language in our state law and this allows people of political power and local dog wardens to discriminate against us and our beloved family pets. We must call/write/email our State Representatives and make them change this law and it starts with pressuring the passing of Ohio H.B. 79.

If you are an Ohio resident or know someone who is that has a "pit bull", please email me immediately. Our pets lives depend on us to protect them from harms way...both physically and legislatively.

Sincerely,

Jeff Theman
River Fire Films, LLC

riverfirefilms@gmail.com
Prestons Dad
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 6th, 2009, 9:04 pm

Hey Jeff! This is Liz - I had come to your house last winter to talk about the documentary. I used to work with the rescue you got Preston from. You may get a better response to this if you post it in our "Pit Bull News and BSL" section. There aren't very many Ohioans on here, but the members from other states are always willing to write letters and help us fight. :)

Give Preston some scritches for me.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Prestons Dad » December 6th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Hey Liz!
Thanks, I will take your advice and repost...Hope all is well, we should get that walk in sometime soon. Preston is doing awesome, I will definitely give some kisses to him for you...;)

Jeff
Prestons Dad
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » December 6th, 2009, 9:56 pm

:wave2: Hello and welcome
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » December 6th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Hello and Welcome back to PBT.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » December 7th, 2009, 12:10 pm

Hi and welcome! Good to see ya back!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Introductions