Innova, EVO or Taste Of The Wild

Postby Rolex+Deebo » March 9th, 2010, 8:37 am

Innova, EVO or Taste Of The Wild
Which do you prefer, and why.
What results/experience have you had with them.
Thinking about switching to one of these, just want some input. :|
Thank you
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Rolex+Deebo » March 10th, 2010, 7:49 pm

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
:sad2: p.p.p.please??????

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » March 10th, 2010, 8:01 pm

get the top 10-15 ingredients for all three in the formula you are interested in and post them. We'll help you analyze them
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » March 10th, 2010, 10:15 pm

My opinion on EVO is that unless your dog is in heavy competition doing something like sledding, flyball, agility etc. and doing them ALL THE TIME it isn't a good food. It is super high in protein and a lot of dogs who do normal activities don't use up the protein and end up having wicked diarrhea and other problems. I've heard a lot of complaints with that happening on EVO I think it's just too rich for the average house dog.

Otherwise I like both Innova and Taste of the Wild. I think Taste of the Wild might be cheaper. :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » March 10th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Rolex+Deebo wrote:OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
:sad2: p.p.p.please??????

8)

If you have the time, this site tells you how to analyze your dog food and gives good information about ingredients: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » March 11th, 2010, 12:35 am

I have Fig on Evo, small bites chicken formula...he needed to be switched to grain free for his skin allergies...and I use this for treats sometimes. He was on Merrick Puppy Plate in the beginning, but was eating a TON of food to keep weight on (he's only 9 1/2 pounds...so he doesn't have much to lose)...and he was itchy. Went to Evo...he's down to 1/2 cup of food per day instead of 1 1/2 cups of the Merrick.

Innova is made by the same company, and is a good food, but does have grains. I used it in the past, and had diarrhea troubles with all of my dogs.

Taste of the Wild...I use the food as treats sometimes...my guys love it. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Rolex+Deebo » March 11th, 2010, 3:44 pm

thanks guys,
I am leaning toward the Taste of the wild.
It is grain free, but doesn't have that ridiculous amount of protein like EVO.
All my pups have skin issues, so I think grain free sounds good.
Thanks again, and lets see how they do on it. :D

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » March 11th, 2010, 4:00 pm

plebayo wrote:My opinion on EVO is that unless your dog is in heavy competition doing something like sledding, flyball, agility etc. and doing them ALL THE TIME it isn't a good food. It is super high in protein and a lot of dogs who do normal activities don't use up the protein and end up having wicked diarrhea and other problems. I've heard a lot of complaints with that happening on EVO I think it's just too rich for the average house dog.

Otherwise I like both Innova and Taste of the Wild. I think Taste of the Wild might be cheaper. :|

I've heard that about EVO before, and I just don't agree that that is the source of the problem. :| They may not agree with the food, but I don't think the protein is the problem with it. I feed raw, pretty much all they get is protein and fat. Ruby's main goal in life is making sure the couch doesn't float.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Rolex+Deebo » March 13th, 2010, 9:16 am

Ruby's main goal in life is making sure the couch doesn't float.
lol

Well, I bought some Taste of the Wild, if that doesn't work out, I'll try EVO.
So far they love it, didn't even get the runs when switching! :mrgreen:
Hope it gets their coats better! Deebo is "growing" some bald spots on his sides, and Ziva has that pesky demomange spot on her butt/head.
They each also get:
daily multi-vitamin
esterC
E capsule
fish oil capsule
and Deebo gets a "my poo tastes bad pill" :puke:
can I take them off of some of those with this better food?
Or keep those Vitamins/minerals going?

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies