Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » May 27th, 2010, 12:14 pm

amazincc wrote:
beemerchef wrote: Will try for the obscure roads, the ones less traveled were pitching a tent is free and hidden...
Suggestions are very welcome...

Ara & Spirit

Uhm... I know of a VERY nice big yard close to an obscure road that is hardly ever traveled, in Concord, NC. Pitching a tent is free and hidden, but Spirit is more than welcome to sleep in the extra bedroom. :dance: :D

Spirit says HI and happy... I am not!!! :D It is always the Dog... right?

Busy week... Moab.UT

This week is all about the Desert Rocks Music Festival. The many volunteers working almost around the clock, there is much courtersy and kindness in the air mixed in with personal artifacts, free minded spirits making a home here for the few remaining days.
Busy photographing the complete event, a different experience with the camera from the usual landscape seen. Yet we took an afternoon ride toward Potash Rd where after a short hike up a hill, we found a plateau overlooking the Colorado River where Spirit and I quietly laid down taking it all in. We even took in an incredible sunset and the nights here right now with almost a full moon are a nightly gift for these present times. Utah is such an incredible State and as usual will be hard to leave next week when we head out toward Wyoming, California Coast and all in between. I managed to upload the video taken while going up Shaffer Trail, it is to this day my favorite one including the Music. Short and sweet (!!!) today, have to get some sleep...
Enjoy and be well. It is after all your choice.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » May 31st, 2010, 6:41 pm

A Friendly foreign Space “Desert Rocks Music Festival”. Utah

No sense denying it, we are exhausted. In a good way however after hours of Music, chatting with new Friends and much Photography as I cannot even begin to figure out how I am going to go through all the photos, only now downloaded on my laptop. We actually moved back to Moab a couple days ago as I could not take camping on site anymore. We went up to the Festival every day and returned to a quieter space. The land had turned into a Village with Music going on till in the morning hours and restarting at noon or so. It became tight as more people than expected showed up, no doubt all has been a success as it will probably move on next year on a larger piece of land. So we are ahead of the wave leaving the premises and today is going to be a lingering resting day as the coming ones will see us on to Wyoming and then on West as I have this fantasy and vision of us sitting on the beach of the “California Lost Coast” as we did 3 years ago. We have not seen an Ocean in years, it will be the perfect setting as also going through the giant redwoods is always spectacular, specially in the early morning hours while the ground is steaming and the sun rays are trying to make their way in through the dense vegetation. I remember.
Have a great day and eventually all the Festival Photos will be in multiple Galleries.
Be well, always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » June 4th, 2010, 8:37 pm

More Photos of the “Desert Rocks Music Festival”. Moab. Utah

A few days have gone by, the scales seems to be balancing out themselves, almost done going through all the photos as there will be a third round. Just cannot leave the good ones out. Ready to head out to Lander, WY, in the morning, a route we already have done. We will probably get there in a couple of days as heading west from there has me really excited. I feel as we have not traveled lately and come to think of it, we really have not. From Texas it was Overland Expo, now the Festival and the coast is clear till early September when I will be flying to Munich, Germany, for an overdue visit to my Mother. For the first time Spirit will stay behind at my Friend's house, Friends I trust with my Life as the thought of a kennel just truly horrifies me. Mid 90's have made their way here in Moab, it is time to go on and find some cooler temperatures and cooler adventures! Oil has been changed, one more tire (again!) to change and hopefully as she has reached 227K, Old Faithful will takes us around with no hick ups. It is dinner time, our last night in Moab. I think these will be the best times of the year.
Be well... always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » June 9th, 2010, 10:23 pm

A ride to Thermopolis. WY

I so often feel like the launch of the Space Shuttle. Waiting for a package to arrive in Lander, WY, and now waiting for the rain to pass by. Of course no schedule and yet summer is for me as the precious time of the year with longer days and mild (sometimes!) temperatures. I keep thinking we will head on West tomorrow and so we took advantage yesterday to explore, skim the surface, en route to Thermopolis through Wind River Canyon, a beautiful ride, so much so I could not stop for photos and for that matter lost the light on the way back. Beautiful campsites along the river, peaceful and serene State Park in Thermopolis, a couple Bisons to glance at, the Wyoming Dinosaur Museum, sulfur smell in the air, tourists to stare at... all the ingredients for a great day.
Managed to post a final entry with the remainder of the Music Festival photos, left is cleaning the dust off the cameras as the windy conditions where not the best as I actually decided the cameras will stay in the case in such instances, no sense destroying what there is feeling so fortunate with such equipment. The visit with my Friends Mia and KC here continues, food, conversations, even Spirit likes being in their house, he is not used to so much carpeting and actually sometimes does not quite know what to do. They will be his foster parents the first two weeks in September when I fly by myself to Munich visiting my Mother. It is going to be rough for the both of us.
Enjoy the photos...
Be well, always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » June 13th, 2010, 1:16 pm

A bad start West. Lander.WY

“Lander” I realize is an Island in the sky. All three passes, two westbound and one going east are nearing and one above 9000 feet. Mid June... we got caught in some fierce cold weather, rain, wind and finally snow. We got caught too late, unprepared, turned around, holed up in an expensive Motel room in Dubois to finally make it back to our Friends house back in Lander. Defeated. Normal they say for this time of the year, abnormal I say. Monday will be our window of opportunity to finally be able to make it out. A couple new waterproof bags, some good designed for chemicals rain gloves, the orange ones this time, we are beyond the looks of it all. In the meantime the waistline is taking advantage of the full kitchen here, the naps are longing into hours from just maybe some days a few minutes, Spirit cannot decide which part of the carpet he is going to occupy, in other words... we are just too comfy! It's all fine, we are not on a schedule, only tasting the beaches on the western coast awaiting for us.
The photos for Dinosaur lovers are it on the Journal as we visited the “Wyoming Dinosaur Museum Center” while in Thermopolis a few days ago. Truly a must and spend a few hours if not learning their names, at least reading them wondering who came up with those names.
Till next time, you be well...
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » June 19th, 2010, 2:50 am

Of a beautiful loneliness, Highway 50. Nevada

It has been a long time coming. Highway 50. Over the past years I had been told of it's greatness, solitude, beauty and more as there is much more. It vastness is of an incredible spirituality and yet I only tasted it for a couple of days. The weather just did not cooperate, mainly the winds beat us up severely compounded with glacial cold, rain and even a few flurries of snow. But all is what it is meant to be giving me a taste of northern Nevada, a treasure discovered, a space we will go back to, no doubt for a lengthy stay.
We are in Reno right now, visiting some good Friends probably till Sunday morning as tomorrow we have planned a ride to Pyramid Lake. We have been within way too much comfort lately considering we also stayed with some good Friends in Salt Lake City a few days ago and where treated to a great dinner and breakfast. Spirit is getting use to the nice home carpeting and lawns, I do however know he feels now more at home while we are camping.
My time with Internet connections has diminished, sometimes not allowing me to come here, but since I write my Journal and download my Photos while off line, our Journal continues being posted often.
Be well, always. See you on the road...
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » June 20th, 2010, 5:38 am

Happy Father's Day, Ara. :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » June 20th, 2010, 11:11 am

iluvk9 wrote:Happy Father's Day, Ara. :hug3:

airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » June 21st, 2010, 12:03 am

airwalk wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:Happy Father's Day, Ara. :hug3:

Ditto... :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby beemerchef » June 27th, 2010, 1:23 am

Thank you for the kind words...

California Pacific, Mattole Beach. CA

Summertime is definitely and logistically the other side of the coin throughout the year. Time escapes me specially when we sit on a beach like Matolle Rd south of Eureka. Either way a bad road leading to it, the southern approach being definitely the better and safer one. The prize is worth it, more, much more. Uncrowded, sometimes deserted, it is a space for thinking, meditating, hiking and pure relaxation. We did met a few good people also camping there, but mainly it has been being induced into a lazy state of mind while cooking, reading, photographing the ever changing face of this vast Ocean and writing to no end. Everything as far as gear goes has worked flawlessly including the new Hilleberg tent send to us, it is as a palace keeping us warm on the cool (even cold) nights and cool throughout the day when the sun is beating on us. We are off the beach right now for a couple days as I need to decide which way to go to near by Portland. Maybe even go back to the same beach for a few days after loading up on provisions again. Always a last minute decision.
Enjoy and be well...
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » June 27th, 2010, 8:26 am

You write so well. Sometimes my mind lives through your journey. I feel like I am there. I was fortunate as a child to have a Dad that loved the outdoors and we traveled the country "in a camper". Every once in awhile one of the places you visited jars a memory.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » June 28th, 2010, 6:06 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

:confetti: :band: :bigGift: :bday: :beerChug: :bananaDance:

We usually wish members a happy day in a separate thread, but I figured this was YOUR thread, so it would be nicer here. :)

HOPE YOUR DAY IS WONDERFUL!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » June 28th, 2010, 6:12 am

I agree... this is the PERFECT spot to wish you a

:D :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Pit♥bull » June 28th, 2010, 6:13 am

Wishing you many happy returns Ara :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby beemerchef » July 2nd, 2010, 4:23 pm

Tank you so muh for the best wishes... we have entered the Golden Wiser (???...) Age...

Life on the Beach... CA

Coffee never tasted so good in this dry vestibule of ours. Coos Bay till Monday, not much sense moving on during the Holidays to only find everything "reserved"!!! It is one aspect I miss, the free camping in the States we have come through. However being now officially a Senior Citizen, 50% off and free access after purchasing my $10 Lifetime Golden Age pass, well, it is a bargain. They will loose money on us.
Today is Library day as it is once a week when the PC opens up. Spirit is laying down at my feet. He is now also officially an "Emotional Support" Service dog. How about that! Not to abuse the situation as he guards Old Faithful all to well, but as today the pressure of waiting for me is off. It is odd... can't wait to take him to Walmart.
You can meet my Dear Friend/Webmaster Brian on the last entry of the Journal, he is the one that does it all having donated his time these past year with no fail.
Till next time.
Be well... Always.
Happy Fourth... get out and enjoy.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 2nd, 2010, 7:08 pm

Geez, that is a gorgeous photo!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » July 7th, 2010, 11:03 pm

I like to cooking with wine part... :mrgreen:

A great loop... OR

Of course I am in tune with the fact that we can travel at lightning speeds, even ourselves as slow as I like to move on. Right now, today, it is as we suddenly went through the wall in more ways than one. Yesterday was a great day, today I am trying my best to not much avail. We are in Oregon City amongst seemingly a million other vehicles and three digit temperatures. It is for a good cause to have “Old Faithful's” shocks serviced and be back again on the go Friday. It will then be decision time to head on south or go back west, north west, where the much cooler temperatures prevail with of course at this time of the year also much southerly winds. It is the same winds trying to keep on our tail which made me ride this loop I wrote about, a loop ending up to be one of the greatest rides, including smooth pavements, nicely curved path, scenery always outstanding, nothing short of some day riding it again. Spirit is recuperating, he is passed out, he is not doing so good anymore with the heat. It hit us like a hammer on the head, we are totally spoiled with cooler temperatures.
Enjoy the ride...
Be well.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » July 12th, 2010, 12:47 pm

The Romance of... Homeless on the Road. OR.

There will be thousands of riders this week converging on Redmond, Oregon. It is the Annual BMW motorcycle riders get together on the fairgrounds, much activity, also for us many Friends we have met and more we have not met. They are coming from all over the Country, some will be here from even further. Everyone has a common denominator, the passion for being on a “motorcycle”, mostly two wheels, some as us, three wheels, some with trailers, some will trailer. I have that same passion, however Spirit and I fit in a different category, one I don't even know if there will be another member. We “live” on the road, we are “homeless”, it is a different “romance”. Not better, not worse, just different as 24/7 the elements dictate much of our doings. The logistics are different, sometimes easier, sometimes more difficult, there is no time element, there is really no destination, there is nothing and yet there is so much more. I sometimes think “what am I really doing?” living this way as both of us “gypsies” of the road. It is the only Lifestyle I can handle, I have known that since the day my decision was made. It turns out the “romance” of it all truly keeps us planted on this forever path with no exit sign.
Be well...
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » July 19th, 2010, 12:54 am

My Little Big World... OR

We found an incredible serene space around the shores of “Lost Lake”, a little treasure where no other souls have adventured in while there. A little slice of Paradise perched at 4000 feet, another 100 feet from the shore. We left however, left to be in the middle and surrounded by 6000 or so others and gazillion wheels and smoke and noise and heat, suffocating heat. We attended the BMW National Rally in Redmond, Oregon. We are back in the cool. I feel as in a week's time we experienced two different Worlds as they are. I have many “thanks” to send out to the so many that have been so kind to us and specially so kind to Spirit. He must have been petted a thousand times, and as myself loving to talk to and scratch other dogs, there were so many that asked to do so and give him water. We met many new faces I only knew, sometimes even forgot, the names. It was a good experience, a novelty, a different shoulder of this path we stopped on for those few days. It is now calm and quiet, it is we are both into a recuperating mode as my ears are still filled with what normally are all those foreign sounds. We will be heading to the coast very soon and north, probably to the Olympic Peninsula. Old Faithful received some long overdue maintenance, she is purring again, he struggle of her past couple weeks is over. The “Lost Lake” will remain a marker on my map.
Be well... always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » July 25th, 2010, 4:25 pm

Camping on the Oregon Coast

Ying ~Yang it is! Campsites are full, they are by reservations, a bit pricey, however the beaches are beautiful, quiet and serene. We have been here for a few days, afraid to move as we would not find another spot before moving on to Enumclaw at Dauntless, the Manufacturer of the sidecar for some repair due. The mounts after all these miles are tired and a bit worn out. Lets see what kind of magic will be performed. The roads are all more picturesque even if the single lane ones remind me and after war zone with craters and all, again, there is always a certain price to pay. Leash laws are in effect everywhere but the beaches are the playground for Spirit the Clown, the Crazy Dog as I now so often call him. He loves it and yet he stays away from the salty waters. Today is Sunday, the crowds are thinning, I never realized so many desire a taste of the outdoors even if they think they still think they are indoors. The connections are far in between, a couple entries have been posted on the Journal and many photos to go along with them.
Be well, always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk