Jasmine Jay

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby CinderDee » October 2nd, 2010, 4:33 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Thank you.
I've been told by many people that Jasmine will tell me when it is time and if I'm struggling because I'm not sure, then it isn't time yet.
I really hope this is the case. I certainly know she's not giving up yet.
I just still keep hoping she will go restfully in her sleep. Is this naive of me?

:(

I worried about this so much, but there was no mistaking when he was ready to leave me. I used to pray that he would go in his sleep. Some animals do so you never know.
You & Jasmine are in my thoughts. I'm usually around if you need to talk :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby plebayo » October 2nd, 2010, 7:34 pm

:hug3:

I'm struggling in the same way you are. For my own dog Sofie I don't want to wait until she won't eat and she feels like crap. I want our last days together to be good ones. It's kind of a catch 22 because on the one hand if you wait until they are skin and bones and look horrible you'll feel guilty about it later, if you do it while they're feeling great then you feel guilty because you could have had more time.[at least that's my catch 22].

You need to do what is best for you and best for her. You'll know when the timing is right and overall maybe the decision will be made for you and she will pass in her sleep. Regardless I think about you both all the time and am sending lots of good thoughts your way.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » October 2nd, 2010, 8:19 pm

All I can say right now is Thank You to everyone.
I am so happy to have the support here.

Jaz is not having an overall good day. She ate a bit today but not as much as I would have liked. She has a warm bowl of mac n cheese right now and she's just looking at it. She had a bad bout of diarrhea in the house today while we were gone for an hour. I'm not sure we have a whole lot more time. I hope tomorrow is better. She's usually better during the day than at night.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby plebayo » October 2nd, 2010, 9:36 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:All I can say right now is Thank You to everyone.
I am so happy to have the support here.

Jaz is not having an overall good day. She ate a bit today but not as much as I would have liked. She has a warm bowl of mac n cheese right now and she's just looking at it. She had a bad bout of diarrhea in the house today while we were gone for an hour. I'm not sure we have a whole lot more time. I hope tomorrow is better. She's usually better during the day than at night.

Here's hoping for a much better tomorrow. Maybe she just doesn't like your mac n cheese cooking skills? You might talk to your vet about giving her some metoclopirimide[anti-vomiting] or some famotidine [pepcid] to help her tummy out? Maybe since she's gotten picky and is eating random things it's giving her tummy some upset? Hopefully she has a better day tomorrow. [fingers crossed x10!]
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » October 2nd, 2010, 10:47 pm

Phil and I talked a little bit tonight. I think he's handling this better than I am right now and that helps me a bit.
When I told him I was just really struggling with having to put her down he said "Honey, I know you're sad, and I am too, but Jasmine is very sick. She'll let us know when it is time for her to stop fighting. We don't want her to hurt"
and then I told him I thought if she has more days like today, it is time for us to let her go and he told me he knows, and that he's been watching her too.

She coughed up a little while ago and I think it was streaked with blood. :cry1:
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby madremissy » October 2nd, 2010, 10:57 pm

Sending my good thoughts for the day.

I am so sorry it is getting harder and harder. I have no advice because I can not imagine your pain. Just know that I am thinking of you and Phil right now. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » October 2nd, 2010, 11:11 pm

My Elwood had the same symptoms...he got very pot-bellied, short of breath and lost his appetite...he had lymphoma that took over his entire system. He got to eat everything and anything he wanted to eat (even chocolate!) if he wanted something and begged for it. (everything made him sick anyway) He did go in his sleep, after a good day surrounded by friends and doggy family.

You'll know...she'll let you know. (((hugs))) :hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » October 3rd, 2010, 6:24 am

I am sorry. :( This part of having a dog we love is the hardest.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » October 3rd, 2010, 10:14 am

One thing to keep in mind during this time...you're getting a chance to say goodbye. :hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 3rd, 2010, 7:52 pm

I'm so very sorry. There are never the right words to make things better... I wish there were.

BIG HUGS!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » October 4th, 2010, 8:58 am

It's time. We're taking Jasmine this morning to say goodbye.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitsnok » October 4th, 2010, 9:18 am

I am so, so sorry. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now but I just wanted you to know you guys will be on my mind today.

Your baby girl will finally be pain free--and you have all of my respect for being able to make such a difficult decision.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amalie79 » October 4th, 2010, 9:24 am

I am so, so sorry you have to go through this. It is the toughest decision to make.

"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » October 4th, 2010, 11:07 am

You'll be in my thoughts today. I'm so sorry you have to go through this - :hug3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » October 4th, 2010, 11:25 am

Hugs and prayers for you, Phil, and Miss Jasmine Jay.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby PetieMarie22 » October 4th, 2010, 11:31 am

My thoughts are with you in such a very difficult time. :(
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 4th, 2010, 12:10 pm

I'm so sorry. RIP sweet Jasmine - you fought well. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » October 4th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Good bye Miss Jasmine Jay. My heart goes out to your Mum and Dad.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » October 4th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Goodbye, Jasmine. You are SO loved.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » October 4th, 2010, 3:42 pm

:cry2: I'm so sorry :cry2:
I hope sweet Jasmine has a gentle trip to the bridge. :groupHug: and my best wishes for you all.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer