Still missing our Shadow

Postby PetieMarie22 » October 25th, 2010, 11:05 am

About 8 years ago, I got a female kitten, Sunny to keep my male cat Shadow company. The two of them began to bond, always cuddling. Sunny seemed like she was actually trying to nurse at Shadow. I joked that she thought he was her "mom".
Shadow was my boy. He followed me everywhere, he slept with me, he worshipped the ground I walked on. Sunny never bonded with me, she was Shadow's kitty. But we both loved him - A LOT.
Two years ago, I came home to find Shadow on my living room floor - DEAD. I was pretty blind sided and Sunny and I were both devistated.

Yesterday, I was laying on the couch with Petie and Sasha. While I was petting Sasha I remembered, it's her birthday! And then sadly remembered, AND the day Shadow died. I felt pretty comfortable with my head on a sleeping Petie and Sasha cuddled up at my feet, so I took solice in them and the sadness of missing Shadow left my mind.
A few minutes later, Sunny came walking past the couch. I started to caox her up, knowing that she barely came on my lap WITHOUT the other animals on the couch and had NEVER come up with them there. To my surprise, she jumped right up on my stomach and laid the for about 45 minutes. I happily stroked her the entire time, thinking "She NEVER lays on me and lets me pet her like this!" But I was loving it!

This morning, as Sunny shot past me (as usual!) as I stooped to pet her , I said "Well at least we had that nice session yesterday!" And then I started thinking, how weird that on the anniversary of Shadow's death, she shows me affection like she has never shown me before, despite the other animals being there.

Well no matter what happened or why, it made me smile real big and I thought I would share. :)

Still missin my Shadow. He was a great cat and I hope I gave him a great life. He will always be my boy. In life he was always waiting for me at the top of the stairs when I got home. I hope in the end, I'll see him there, waiting for me.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Suzi » October 25th, 2010, 11:11 am

:hug3:
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby copperlegend » October 25th, 2010, 11:34 am

aw, Kathleen! Many hugs
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amalie79 » October 25th, 2010, 1:15 pm

More hugs from us.

Animals can be strange, that way...
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 25th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Animals always seem to know what to do to cheer us up, don't they?

Sorry for your loss... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PetieMarie22 » October 25th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Thanks guys. It was nice for them to pick that day to all cuddle with me at once for the first time. I feel like Shadow was there too - in spirit.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends