Photobucket problem??

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby Ino » October 30th, 2010, 8:59 pm

For some reason, lately when I use photobucket the pics get all weird when I try to post them here. I usually resize them with the auto resize feature to large and up until recently, they worked fine. Lately, when I go to post, initially it says pics are too large on the forum (tells me the max size)but if I copy/paste the links back in it works fine eventually. The other problem is the pics I recently posted worked fine for a while (they looked like they should on the forum), then about an hour later, Ino shifted in all of them so he is now half way out of the picture. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is a vista or photobucket issue?? Help please!! :?
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » October 30th, 2010, 9:07 pm

Ok- must have been a glitch, I cleared out history/cookies and it still was funny, but just closed the browser and went back to the pics and now they appear normal....weird!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » October 30th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Must be an intermittant glitch because now they are weird again. Got me????
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » October 30th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Anytime I use photobucket to edit pictures, it'll flip back and forth between the original and the resaved one. You might try saving them as a new file on photobucket (if possible) or resizing them on your computer, then uploading. It's definitely a photobucket problem, as it does it on an art forum I am a part of too.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » October 30th, 2010, 10:45 pm

I'm sorry, I really have no idea. I size everything on my computer, then upload them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 31st, 2010, 6:48 am

mnp13 wrote: I size everything on my computer, then upload them.

Smartie Pants. :neener:

I have the same problem with photobucket. I had been able to use their "large" size but Michelle changed forum format or something, like a year ago, and now I have to use the "medium" setting or the forum says they are too big.

BUT when I go back to very old photobucket saved photos, they ARE large and PBT accepts them.

So, basically, I can't help you. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 31st, 2010, 8:20 am

When I was making Inara's birthday thread, it told me the pics were too big even though I knew for a fact they weren't as I'd manually resized them all on Photobucket. I just kept hitting submit a bunch of times and eventually it decided they were all fine. I think PBT is revolting against Photobucket! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Ino » October 31st, 2010, 10:02 am

I did the same thing- kept resubmitting them and it did take them and worked sometimes- but it intermittantly shifts Ino's position in the pics and sometimes only half of him is visible in the pics. Weird. I'm going to try to figure out how to manually change them on the computer prior to uploading them to photobucket. I usually put them on facebook so would link those, but I think it is set to private so I'm pretty sure people would have to do a friend request prior to viewing (which would be a pain for them)- not sure though if I direct linked them. Photobucket is a pain!!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Questions / Problems