The Grieving Place

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby plebayo » December 11th, 2010, 2:20 am

I miss my girl.

I can't believe in 3 days it will have been a month since I took Sofie into work with me for the last time. I still wait for her sometimes when walking into work, I've "seen" her a couple of times now in the yard when I've been out with the dogs, in various places she'd normally wait for me.

I miss the way she used to move her blankets and bed from one end of the room to the other trying to make the perfect sleeping spot. Even though I moved out from my parents place they still have her blanket that she got in '09 for Christmas from her SS. When we weren't there they would move it to the corner of their living room. Every time I came over, Sofie would run into the living room and immediately pull out her blanket - without fail.

I miss having to lift her into my truck and up onto the bed. It's just so hard to believe she isn't here any more, and hard to believe she won't be here for Christmas. Whenever I write about myself online, or talk to people I still want to say I have three dogs. Calling them a "crew" doesn't seem to fit anymore because it is now just the two of them.

I really miss my Sofie-Pants. 14 years of friendship is a long time, but it doesn't feel like nearly enough.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » December 11th, 2010, 3:16 am

plebayo wrote:I miss my girl.

I can't believe in 3 days it will have been a month since I took Sofie into work with me for the last time. I still wait for her sometimes when walking into work, I've "seen" her a couple of times now in the yard when I've been out with the dogs, in various places she'd normally wait for me.

I miss the way she used to move her blankets and bed from one end of the room to the other trying to make the perfect sleeping spot. Even though I moved out from my parents place they still have her blanket that she got in '09 for Christmas from her SS. When we weren't there they would move it to the corner of their living room. Every time I came over, Sofie would run into the living room and immediately pull out her blanket - without fail.

I miss having to lift her into my truck and up onto the bed. It's just so hard to believe she isn't here any more, and hard to believe she won't be here for Christmas. Whenever I write about myself online, or talk to people I still want to say I have three dogs. Calling them a "crew" doesn't seem to fit anymore because it is now just the two of them.

I really miss my Sofie-Pants. 14 years of friendship is a long time, but it doesn't feel like nearly enough.

:hug3: :hug3: :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » December 11th, 2010, 7:42 am

plebayo wrote:Whenever I write about myself online, or talk to people I still want to say I have three dogs. Calling them a "crew" doesn't seem to fit anymore because it is now just the two of them.

14 years of friendship is a long time, but it doesn't feel like nearly enough.

I am sorry. :( You are SO right about these two statements.

I miss our Sofie-Pants, too. It always made me smile when you posted how she was doing well.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » December 20th, 2010, 10:23 pm

We were at my sister's today making lefse and my 8 year old cousin asking about Sofie :(

Thankfully she asked my mom, LiLo and Seth were outside and she was like "Where's Sofie?" My mom quietly told her what had happened, that Sofie was very sick. My cousin then said "Oh that's really sad. She loved me a lot and I loved her too."

It was a very brief moment. On the one hand it was very heartfelt. I'm shocked she remembers her because she doesn't come over a lot, but I remember when she was about 3-4 and she was petting and bugging Sofie at my parents house, Sofie was so patient. She was very much a terrier, she'd come say hi and move on, but the kids always liked her because she never jumped on them or was too hyper/energetic for them.

I love reliving the memories, but I miss her so much.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Suzi » December 21st, 2010, 1:42 am

Miss her you will.....Always,,,,all ways.....

Reliving her memories are a given,,,,,Reliving her memories,,,followed by a smile, is what I wish for you.

She was a blessing in your life, you will never forget, but in time,,,I hope when you think of her,,,,your thoughts will speak to you,,,,the words, loud and clear "Thank-You Sophie".......

I hope that you will find some comfort in your memories of her during this Holiday Season.
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby plebayo » January 12th, 2011, 11:39 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
plebayo wrote:Whenever I write about myself online, or talk to people I still want to say I have three dogs. Calling them a "crew" doesn't seem to fit anymore because it is now just the two of them.

14 years of friendship is a long time, but it doesn't feel like nearly enough.

I am sorry. :( You are SO right about these two statements.

I miss our Sofie-Pants, too. It always made me smile when you posted how she was doing well.

I miss being able to share good updates. I miss the journey we had together, even if that sounds a little crazy. I never thought cancer could ever be a blessing, but in some ways it was because I was able to meet so many amazing people. :hug3:

Suzi wrote:Miss her you will.....Always,,,,all ways.....

Reliving her memories are a given,,,,,Reliving her memories,,,followed by a smile, is what I wish for you.

She was a blessing in your life, you will never forget, but in time,,,I hope when you think of her,,,,your thoughts will speak to you,,,,the words, loud and clear "Thank-You Sophie".......

I hope that you will find some comfort in your memories of her during this Holiday Season.

I never said thank you for the kind words. :hug3:

Tomorrow will be 2 months since Sofie has been gone. I am very, very thankful to have had her in my life. I miss her so damn much but I feel more at ease reliving memories and thinking about good times. I feel better being able to share little tidbits about her life and the adventures we had. I also stand very much by my decision to say goodbye. Cancer didn't take Sofie from me and neither did Kidney Failure. She got to fall asleep in my arms surrounded by people who love her. She was not destroyed by anything.

I miss you a lot Sofie-pants, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby hugapitbull » January 13th, 2011, 6:20 am

Oh, Suzanne - sending good thoughts to you today. As long as Sofie lives in your heart, she is never gone. I know the adjustment must be so very difficult after having her with you for so long. I am so dreading that part of our journey.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » January 13th, 2011, 6:43 am

Sofie. :heartbeat:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby CinderDee » January 13th, 2011, 11:55 am

Sending you lots of love, Suzanne. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 13th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Suzanne, I was just thinking...I bet Sofie is looking over Truman for me while he is getting surgery! She is an Angel and can go anywhere she wants, so I asked her to do me the favor.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » January 18th, 2011, 9:11 pm

For anyone who didn't see it on FB. The tribute I made to my baby boy on the one year mark of losing him.
I don't think I will ever get over losing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs2ByNkbIBg
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » January 18th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Angie, Vinny Bo Binny is missed so much. I know it still weighs heavy on your heart. I am so sorry that you had to go through such a devastating thing. He was very loved. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » January 19th, 2011, 6:43 am

That was so sweet. Yet, I am in tears. :( Vinny was SUCH an adorable chubba-wubba puppy! Those ears...just flopping like pancakes.

We miss you, Vinny-Bo-Binny.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » March 8th, 2011, 12:34 am

I'm so bummed with everyone passing. This has been a horrible week. One of my friend's dogs, who was not even 6mos old was playing with her other puppy and he passed away while they were playing - totally unexpectedly. Then of course Lenny fell ill, and Four started doing poorly. The sadness is just overwhelming. :(

I think this month is just completely cursed. The 20th of march will mark the 2 years since my cat died while under anesthesia. I miss him so much and I was looking at the cat he gave blood to [he was sedated to give blood and died] and they never were charged for anything and for the charges that were there the account says "squared up with the dr." It makes me totally angry because I really feel like my cat died for no reason at all. That I should have never volunteered him like I did.

And don't even get me started with Sofie, it's been 4mos and I still can't believe she's not here sometimes.

We've all suffered losses on this board, I just want to let you all know that I'm thinking of you, and grieving with you. :hug3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby CinderDee » March 8th, 2011, 3:23 am

I feel the same way as Suzanne. It feels like we're losing everyone. :( It was just the 1 year anniversary of Kate's passing & I miss him just as much as I did then...maybe more.
My cousin is in hospice and was given last rites today. It seems like everywhere I turn someone I care about has lost one of their dogs or cats & my cousin is dying. I'm so incredibly sad for everyone. :cry:

Joyce, Suzanne, Allie, Angie & Jenn, I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'm so sorry. *hugs*

(I hope I haven't left anyone out. If I have, please forgive me.)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » March 8th, 2011, 6:38 am

:(
That's all I got.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » March 12th, 2011, 6:59 am

I keep calling Truman, Lenny....I run outside to see why Lenny isn't coming in this time....I look to see if Lenny finished eating....I come home from work and he isn't at the door to greet me.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » March 12th, 2011, 11:05 am

iluvk9 wrote:I keep calling Truman, Lenny....I run outside to see why Lenny isn't coming in this time....I look to see if Lenny finished eating....I come home from work and he isn't at the door to greet me.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{joyce}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so Sorry.................
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby madremissy » March 12th, 2011, 3:16 pm

:hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » March 12th, 2011, 5:27 pm

Thank you. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer