Dog Killed For Chewing On Bible Cover

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby SLS61185 » January 25th, 2011, 3:19 pm

http://www.newsoxy.com/dog-killed-for-c ... 16943.html

Dog Killed For Chewing On Bible Cover
By: Kara Gilmour
Staff Writer
Published: Jan 25, 2011

Dog Killed For Chewing On Bible - Devil animal? A dog was killed by a 65-year-old woman for chewing on a Bible with an electrical cord. The older woman hanged her nephew's pet after the incident.

Deputies said that Andy Fowler called them last Tuesday to report that his aunt had hung his dog. Fowler said his aunt, Miriam Smith, admitted hanging his 1-year-old pit bull, Diamond. Officers found the partially burned body of the animal under a pile of grass with an orange electrical cord around its neck at the home.

Dr. Dana Miller, vice president of animal cruelty initiatives for the Humane Society, performed a necropsy and verified that the dog died by hanging. Long-time neighbors said that Smith is a religious fanatic. "She wasn't right in the head," said John Worthy. "She read the Bible and interpreted in her own way. She's not a monster. She's good natured."

Smith is charged with animal cruelty. She is being held at the Spartanburg County Detention Center. The Detention Center website lists the specific violation as "animal torture."
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » January 25th, 2011, 5:12 pm

"She read the Bible and interpreted in her own way. She's not a monster. She's good natured."

Well, I hope she read the part about hell and goes there. :mad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby copperlegend » January 25th, 2011, 5:36 pm

so disgusting.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2011, 5:53 pm

iluvk9 wrote: "She read the Bible and interpreted in her own way. She's not a monster. She's good natured."

Well, I hope she read the part about hell and goes there. :mad2:

Yeah, I read the bible too, and last I knew torturing animals was not in there.

"She's not a monster??" Nooooo, most nice, loving people strangle animals. :rolleyes2:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » January 25th, 2011, 5:54 pm

It's a whole new meaning to the term 'bible thumper'.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL