Sigh... (AKA - Training Setbacks, AKA "Ooops, my bad!")

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby furever_pit » February 6th, 2011, 3:59 pm

amalie79 wrote:It sounds pretty geeky, but I heard one great suggestion for this. Plant yourself somewhere on the side of the path (this walking trail has benches along route set back from the pavement). Set up a little TV tray 20 feet down the path with a bowl of treats and a sign that says, "My dog is scared of strangers; please toss her a treat when you walk by, but also please ignore her," or something like that. :| Might be worth doing as the weather picks up and people are out walking. :|

This sounds like an interesting idea.
If I came across it while hiking somewhere, I would toss treats to the dog.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby amalie79 » February 6th, 2011, 5:39 pm

furever_pit wrote:
amalie79 wrote:It sounds pretty geeky, but I heard one great suggestion for this. Plant yourself somewhere on the side of the path (this walking trail has benches along route set back from the pavement). Set up a little TV tray 20 feet down the path with a bowl of treats and a sign that says, "My dog is scared of strangers; please toss her a treat when you walk by, but also please ignore her," or something like that. :| Might be worth doing as the weather picks up and people are out walking. :|

This sounds like an interesting idea.
If I came across it while hiking somewhere, I would toss treats to the dog.

I like that I wouldn't have to put anyone on the spot who didn't want to help.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 12th, 2011, 12:58 am

My dogs' brains fell out tonight.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior