Subscribed topic emails...

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2010, 9:10 am

I just got about a dozen "a reply has been made" emails in my inbox...all telling me about threads/topics that I did not subscribe to (I don't ever subscribe to a topic...I check PBT often enough...lol ).

Did I accidentally hit the subscribe button a dozen times (for threads/topics I, or is this a glitch in the system? :| The posts were on threads that I had checked recently too...but not all last night.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Pit♥bull » August 11th, 2010, 10:49 am

May have been a glitch, go to your user control panel->Manage subscriptions and clear it out. :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2010, 11:02 am

Pit♥Bull wrote:May have been a glitch, go to your user control panel->Manage subscriptions and clear it out. :)

Done! Thanks Bob! I'm sure it was a glitch on my part...but I figured I'd post it just in case...lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » August 11th, 2010, 11:57 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I'm sure it was a glitch on my part..
I've been there.... Done that :P
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 8:47 am

This just happened again 12:19 am...I got over 3 dozen notifications in my inbox...from topics that haven't been updated in days.

I'll clear out my user control panel again, but I'm mentioning it here too, just in case. ;)

TheRedQueen

Postby BigDogBuford » February 10th, 2011, 9:24 am

I got 20 or so emails as well. And the funny thing is that they all went to the previous email address on my account.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 9:57 am

lol I just got an email notification about THIS thread...hahahahahaha

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 5:37 pm

I cleared my subscriptions out this morning (I didn't have any that I knew of)...and when I came home, I had ten more email notifications cluttering up my inbox. I went to clear out the subscriptions again, and I'm not subscribed to any. Help Bob!

TheRedQueen

Postby BigDogBuford » February 10th, 2011, 5:45 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I cleared my subscriptions out this morning (I didn't have any that I knew of)...and when I came home, I had ten more email notifications cluttering up my inbox. I went to clear out the subscriptions again, and I'm not subscribed to any. Help Bob!

The email notifications have been messed up for me forever. It's crazy.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » February 10th, 2011, 5:56 pm

I haven't changed anything on the server or the hosting.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 5:57 pm

I never subscribe to topics, I'm on often enough...I don't want them in my inbox. So I have no idea why this keeps happening to me! lol

TheRedQueen

Postby BigDogBuford » February 10th, 2011, 6:10 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I never subscribe to topics, I'm on often enough...I don't want them in my inbox. So I have no idea why this keeps happening to me! lol

What browser do you use?
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Internet Explorer

TheRedQueen

Postby BigDogBuford » February 10th, 2011, 6:32 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Internet Explorer

I use Mozilla so that's not it.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » February 10th, 2011, 6:35 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I never subscribe to topics, I'm on often enough...I don't want them in my inbox. So I have no idea why this keeps happening to me! lol
Check your settings in the user control panel.

Pit Bull Talk • User Control Panel • Edit posting defaults - Mozilla Firefox_2011-02-10_16-32-52.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 6:37 pm

I've changed that now, thanks Bob. Why would they suddenly be appearing now?

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 6:57 pm

I changed this thingy at 5:37, I got 5 emails before I changed it, and two afterwards.

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » February 10th, 2011, 7:56 pm

I've got to try something that bob told me about when I get home.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Pit♥bull » February 10th, 2011, 8:22 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I changed this thingy at 5:37, I got 5 emails before I changed it, and two afterwards.
If you receive any more keep track of the date and time shown on the email.

And you have no subscriptions?

Pit Bull Talk • User Control Panel • Manage subscriptions - Mozilla Firefox_2011-02-10_18-24-06.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 9:05 pm

I don't subscribe...I like to be surprised. ;)

TheRedQueen

Next

Return to Questions / Problems