Shadow needs a home :(

Postby AllAmericanPUP » February 20th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Some of you may or may not remember that i a couple years ago i "traded" a friend my dog shadow for her henry paul because at the time Shadow was easy for her to manage where as henry was a ball of energy and she couldn't quite handle him with her illness (fibromyalgia).
Well a few months ago she was diagnosed with a rare for of cancer(which i cannot remember the name of at this time) and she can no longer care for Shadow. Shadow is an easy dog to care of but she's also stubborn and she keeps tripping over her because shadow won't move.

I would love nothing more than to take Shadow back and i would in a heartbeat if i was in the position to but i am currently still unemployed and living in my parents home and they will not let me take her back(well my mom would but my dad says NO).

So I'm hoping i can find her a good loving home to live out the rest of her years or a foster home with someone who is in rescue.

I also would be willing to put her into a foster home and take her back when i get back on my feet, only problem is I don't know how soon that will be. could be weeks from now or months.

she just turned 9 in December and she's a black lab/great Pyrenees mix. Unfortunately my friend has made her quite a bit overweight but when at her correct weight she weighs about 65lbs, I'm guessing right now she probably weighs around 80+.

she has no health problems, is good with children, cats and dogs. She has been known to be a fencer jumper in her younger days but I'm not sure if she still does that..I'll have to ask my friend, but she can only jump the smaller 4 ft fences, not the 6ft fences.

she's pretty much a couch potato who likes to go on short walks(1 mile at most)

shadow is currently located in stevens point,wi but I would be willing to transport her.
If anyone knows anyone that would be willing to take her please email me at foremant86 @ yahoo.com

AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby iluvk9 » February 21st, 2011, 7:43 am

Oh, geez. You are breaking my heart with this one. I love older dogs and Shadow is just adorable.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » February 22nd, 2011, 4:41 pm

don't you need another pony :D hehe
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby iluvk9 » February 22nd, 2011, 4:54 pm

If I didn't have four, I would take him in a heartbeat. I love seniors.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Rescue